chpt 8

Remus ran up to me as I got to the bottom of the stairs. "He isn't here anymore." It wasn't a question he must have assumed what he was here for and he was most likely wrong in his assumptions "How did you figure it out?" He smiled and handed me a hooded cloak and wiped just behind my ear, his thumb was covered in blood when he brought it back. "You were changing when we met you outside of Gryffindor, the bloodlust is no longer on you so I think that something, or in this case someone is no longer here." I smiled knowingly and put the woollen cloak around my shoulders and the hood over my head. My hair was chocolate again and my fangs were back to teeth, but I still felt strange. Once we got to the Great Hall Remus pulled me to a stop and held me by the shoulders. "Harry is in there, will you be able to control yourself?" I wasn't completely sure if I could, but then again I would have Lupin there to help. "Yes." I answered, completely serious as he let me go. We faced the doors just as Snape stalked out of the hall and gave us a look filled with fury and hatred. "Poor Snivelli got his knickers in a twist." It was whispered and Remus tapped me around the head with the back of his hand. Snape had heard it and he turned around with a murderous look on his face, looking directly at me. I was shocked. I didn't know where that had come from but I hadn't said it. "Excuse me?" He looked livid and he had begun to stride towards us, looking irately at me.

My hair was red.

"Severus, wait it wasn't her." Remus stood in front of me and placed a hand on his chest. He was having none of it, "No you filth, I will not put up with her calling me that." He pulled out his wand and I saw Lupin back away through the corner of my eye. All I could concentrate on was the smell of cinnamon that was coming from all around me and the bloodlust pulsing through my veins. Cold fingers curled around my throat and pulled me away into a room to the side, I did not fight. Lupin followed, he was trying to reason with Snape, he was desperately shouting but the words were fuzzy and slurred to my ears. "Severus listen to me! She was not the one who said it and you know it as well as I. Look at her, can you not see that she needs blood- she will get it Severus I can't stop her at this point." Everything was a blur, I could see Snapes face through my crimson tinted vision and I saw malevolence that could not be tempered, my lips moved as he raised his wand to my face, a sound came out but I don't know what I said. Snape was catapulted across the floor and smashed into the door. Glass shattered and more humans came through the door, their blood was intoxicating there were so many different smells and I was thirsty. So thirsty, one of the humans raised a wand and spoke some words that I could not understand, I fell to the cold stone floor. As my sight cleared and I became drowsy I heard something talking to the white-haired human that had hit me with the spell, "Headmaster, she asked me to find him in the Shrieking Shack, but he wasn't there." The old one replied.

"I know, he was here."