chpt 6

I got back to the castle just before daybreak the following day and I was met by a sour looking Snape. "Hello Severus, how are you this fine morning?" I put a fake smile on my face and he glared back, ignoring my question he replied. "I'm not sure, nor do I care what you have been doing out here; but I have been asked to come and retrieve you," he looked at me pointedly and his sarcastic tone spoke volumes of his resentment at being treated as a messenger boy. "Well I thank you Severus, I'm sure you’re delighted to be entrusted with such an important assignment." I strode past him without another word between us. I was stopped as he grabbed my arm, "I would watch yourself monster," he spat the word as if it poisoned him just to say it, I shook his hand off me and stalked up the stairs, my mind whirring like a machine- what did Snape have against me?. When I realised that I was standing outside Lupin's classroom I was about to knock when I saw the note spellotaped to his door, it read; "Dear Robyn- I ‘m in the teachers' lounge." I figured that he would want me to take the note down so I tore it off the door and walked my way down the halls, Lupin had always been an early riser. Sure enough I found him sitting in his chair by the fireplace, the grey in his hair standing out in the silvery light of dawn; he was talking to Professor Sprout. He looked up when I walked over and smiled, Pomona smiled up at me as well. "Hello dear," she said beaming as she stood and gave me a bone crushing hug, for such a tiny woman she was strong. "Um Pomona, I... can't... Breathe."

"Oops, sorry poppet." The bubbly woman didn't quite know that I was 200 and something years older than her. "That's alright," I turned to Lupin who had a wide grin on his face. I raised one of my eyebrows, "And what are you laughing at? Mr-oh-the-lake-will-be-fine- it’s only the middle of the night in the end of autumn." He laughed at my humorous sarcasm.

"I didn't ask you to do it and if you hadn't trusted my judgement then we wouldn't be in this predicament would we? Are you going into Hogsmead today?" He stood and crossed his arms in front of his chest. I let out a snort "Stop changing the subject. No actually I was just planning on sitting with you all day, is that alright?"

"Sure." He replied.

"Cool." We were still smiling but there was a tension between us that came not from our own selves but the difficulties that stood between our people. Pomona stood between us and pushed us both away from each other. "Settle down now, you should be ashamed of yourselves; it is a dark day when friends fight over such small things."  Her motherly instinct was slightly off mark but we still sat down into our seats. "Now that that’s settled I should be off to see the students down to the village, have a good day." Waving, she walked away and left through the back door. As soon as she left we began talking, "So how did your lesson go yesterday? Did the third years have fun with the boggart," I asked lightly.

"Yes they did actually," he smirked, "and it still amazes me how good Severus looks in a dress." I broke out into laughter that made my sides hurt. When I could finally speak I asked Remus how he knew this. "It turns out that Neville Longbottom has a very colourful imagination." He responded with a smile and a quiet chuckle. "It was one of the most interesting lessons that I’ve taught."

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked after a comfortable silence.

"That would be good." He said with another chuckle.