Trust

For anyone who may have triggers, this chapter talks about sexual assault and kidnapping on a deeper level. This is a real problem happening all around the world. I know it was mentioned in earlier chapter but this goes into more detail.

I stare down at my hands while Atlas stares at me. "Is that why I didn't have those scrapes anymore? The ones I got from the mountain."

"Yes... that's also why your clothes were gone." I look up at him, raising my eyebrow. "You had a lot of injury's and I hadn't healed anyone in a while. I accidentally used to much power and dematerialized your clothes."

"But you said that they were dirty and-"

"I know what I said." He interrupts me. "I was being an idiot. I haven't spoken to a mortal in centuries. Let's just say you should never ask Impurity how to talk to girls."

"You asked Oleander?" I ask, trying to hold back a smirk. No wonder he was so rude.

"Yeah... not one of my greatest moments." He chuckles.

"No kidding. I could've done without all the sexual innuendos." I tell him, remembering all the disturbing things he said. "Was kissing me his idea too?" I almost certain he did. After all Oleander came in just this morning and tried to kiss me too.

"Partially." He admitted. "He had said I should take control. Which is something I'm used to because I'm the oldest but never to someone like you; Someone not in the family. I stupidly thought that kissing you would show control."

"You're right, that was pretty stupid of you. It just made me resent you more." I said, then walked around him and began to leave the room. He may have helped out just now but he's still holding me hostage.

Avianna-1
Atlas-0

It's just weird that he's suddenly acting sort of... nice. He was such a jerk only a day ago.

I stop in my tracks and turn around to look at him. He's staring at the piano in deep thought and his hands are clenched at his sides. I'm honestly surprised he didn't stop me.

"Why the sudden change of heart? You're actually being civil, and you haven't called me a single pet name." Whoops. "I mean, I didn't enjoy the names but you seemed pretty keen on using them."

Atlas looks up at me surprised. He probably thought I wouldn't give him a second glance.

"Also, the act of Oleander. Something about them 'making women like you more'. " He holds up his fingers in quotation marks. "As for the change of heart... you can thank Gilah and Lorelei for that. They give great advice and even greater threats." He chuckles to himself.

I send a little silent thank you to the two, hoping I'll get to tell them in person later.

"If you'd like you can go find Gilah. I'm sure she's not busy and probably better company then me at the moment." He says his eyes getting sad. Good. He should feel sad.

"I'd really rather just go home..." I mumble to myself then begin to walk away.

I'm almost out of the room when I hear him call my name again. I stop mid-step, turning my head slightly towards him but not all the way.

"I'm- Uh." He hesitates. He stays silent for a few long seconds, almost making me continue walking. Then he speaks again. "Gilahs room is down the hall, first stair case on the right. You'll find it right at the top."

I nod my head to him, not bothering to say a thank you. Then I continue walking.

As I'm walking, I swear I hear him give one last remark. Something along the lines of... "I'm sorry, sweetheart." But I'm out of the room before I can fully process it.