Roman

When I decided to become Catwoman, it was just for fun. I didn't think about the consequences that would follow after my actions. I only felt the rush.

After a while, I wanted more. The thrill of danger made me feel alive, it brought out a part of me I didn't know I had. I searched until I found trouble. It started with some smaller gangs, helping them with petty theft, little stuff. Then, I got deeper into the web of crime and met Roman Sionis. Gotham's underworld knew him as Blackmask, the notorious leader of the False Face Society. Roman was a sadistic killer, torturer, and mastermind. He was known for brutally torturing his victims for information and sometimes: for entertainment. He was one of the most powerful crime bosses in Gotham and when he asked me to be his right hand man I couldn't refuse. I wanted the rush and the benefits that the job entailed. Roman knew that with my background in forensics, his crimes could go virtually undetected. I knew how to create the perfect crime and leave no trace of evidence at the scene.

For a while, everything was perfect until Roman forced me on a mission that almost cost me myself. After that I became a different person. I hoped that I could undo the wrong and believed that a job at the GCPD could help me. I would be fighting men like Roman and get some of myself back. A few weeks into working for the GCPD, I heard that Roman and his society got involved in a turf war with Fish Mooney. During the fight, Roman was shot down dead. I was relieved and thought I was safe. My past life was dead with the only man who knew who I truly was, or so I thought.

With those words, Oswald brought something back in me. The emotions hit me with such force I didn't know what to say or do. I just felt: Fear.
Roman was back: and he would do everything in his power to get me right where I was. He was going to make me pay for betraying him.

*flashback*

"Listen here, the Wayne's have been putting their heads where they don't belong."  Roman turned to me. "I need you on the team this time."

"What's the plan?"

"Put the Wayne's in their place. For too long the Wayne family has been in charge of Gotham city. It's time for a change of face."

"A change of face? What are you gonna do Roman, kill them?"

"That's exactly what I'm going to do."

I scoffed. "You think we can kill the Wayne's without any problem? The people would have an uprising if their darling little family was killed. You think Gotham would accept you as their leader?" Everyone stopped and was dead silent.

Roman walked over to me staring me straight in the eye. "Come with me." We walked to his office, his hand on my back aggressively leading me. "Sit down." He pushed me down onto a chair and slammed the door.

"Roman I'm just telling you the truth I really don-"

"You shut your mouth." He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "These past few weeks I've noticed your distancing yourself and then this? Explain." I didn't think he would notice my absence. This gig was getting to me anymore I didn't feel right about it. I wanted the benefits but I didn't want to lose myself in the process. I couldn't tell Roman, he would skin me if he knew how I felt.

"I'm just tired." he slammed his fist down. "Don't lie to me. I brought you here, I made you a leader. You think you can lie to me? I know you better than yourself, Selina." he put his hands on my shoulders. "Just tell me the truth."

"I don't think this is a good idea Roman, the Wayne's? If someone catches a drift of what you have planned, that would be the end."

"You're worried about me?" he chuckled. "I've done worse than this."

"Roman, it's not just that." I turned to look at his face. "They are good people. They don't touch us and we don't touch them, that's always how it's been."

"Not anymore. The Wayne's threatened to shut-down Janus Incorporated. They don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but they know something's wrong." he walked back to his window, his back towards me. "What have they done for Gotham anyway? They have too much control."

"Control that you don't have."

"Why are you so against this? You've always been fine with anything I planned!"

"I don't kill innocent people." I stood up and walked towards the door. Roman grabbed my arm and forced me back.

"You will do what I say if you want to stay here."

"What if I don't?" he pulled me closer.

"I want you."

"I-" What?

He let me go. "Think about it Selina, I know you'll change your mind. The Wayne's aren't as glittering as they might seem. No one is innocent." Roman walked out of the office.

I didn't understand what had just happened. I never thought Roman would act this way and towards myself of all people. There was so much to process. Killing the Wayne's? I couldn't do it but maybe Roman was right. No one is innocent.

*End of flashback*

*DISCLAIMER: NEXT CHAPTER WILL EXPLAIN WHY KATHERINE IS HER NAME! Next chapter will also be in flashback form*

*****Alright guys it took me a really looooong time to update this chapter and I am SO sorry!! I hope that you liked my twist in this story and point out that again this book is loosely based off of the Gotham TV show with my own added creativity! So not everything will follow along with the plot of the show. More editing will come and another chapter to explain how Katherine got her name!! LOVE YOU GUYS AND PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT ANYTHING YOU LIKE (and even the stuff that you don't like)******