Viper

*Kat's POV*

I woke up with Noir lying on my chest, purring softly. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was five in the morning; groaning, I moved Noir to the other side of my bed and sat up. I looked in my closet in a sleepy haze, grabbed the closest thing to my face, slipped on a pair of shoes and headed for the kitchen. As I was packing my lunch, I couldn't help but think about Eddie, he was like a mystery novel that I needed to solve. I only hoped that the end of his story wasn't dark.

I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door behind me. As I turned a man stood in the hallway, he was around my age with jet black hair, some sticking up in back. He was fairly attractive as he stood outside my doorway. 

"Hello there and who are you?" He questioned.

"Who's asking?" he chuckled.

"Oswald Cobblepot." he held out his hand so I could shake it. I noticed he had a cane; well actually an umbrella that he was using for a cane. He seemed too young to need a cane, but then when he walked a little closer to me I saw he had a limp. It was an odd sort of limp, he walked almost like a penguin.

"Katherine Nightblood."

"I hope to see you again Miss Nightblood. You have such a pretty face I would miss it too easily."

"Oh thank you." I said a bit flustered.

I looked down at my watch and saw it was 5:30.

"Well Mr. Cobblepo.."

"Please, call me Oswald"

"Oswald, I have to get going to work."

"This early? If you don't mind me asking where do you work?" he had a smooth way of talking that made me want to answer him.

"GCPD. I'm a forensic detective."

"Interesting...well I do hope to see you again Katherine. Enjoy your day."

"You too Oswald nice meeting you." what was he doing at this time in the morning?

I finished the flight of stairs and headed outside towards my car. I was driving past one of the sketchier parts of Gotham when I saw something on the side of an alley. Some guy was ripping things to shreds in the alleyway. I parked my car swiftly to the side and got my taser. I approached the scene carefully.

"GCPD, hands where I can see them!" he turned and ran right for me.

"STOP!"  that didn't stop him though, he kept running towards me and pushed me down before I could run out of the way. I tried to get up but he pinned me down and started punching me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hit him hard in the back of the neck, he lost control and I pushed him off me. I wiped the blood off my face and waited for him to get up. He ran at me again but I swung my leg at him, he caught it and I took the other leg putting it around his neck and took him down in one swift movement. He collapsed to the ground his eyes wide open. I quickly checked for a pulse and found nothing. I tried to start compressions but his chest fell inwards, his bones were extremely brittle.

"What the hell?" I examined him and looked for the cause of death. There were no external signs, so I checked in his pockets for an ID, but instead found something in a small glass vial. I took it out of his pocket and saw it was some kind of green liquid; Viper. I called Eddie immediately.

"Kat where are you?"

"Eddie I got into a little bit of trouble"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, please tell Jim and Harvey that I found someone in the alley looks like another victim of Viper."

"Did he hurt you?" he was exasperated.

"No I'm fine,  just get down here quick Ed I don't want to be left alone here. I'm right by Fish Mooney's club."

"We're on our way Kat just stay there" well where else was I going to go.

I hung up and looked back down at the man, this drug was becoming more and more frequent and the longer we took to figure out who was distributing it the more people would die from it. People were beginning to come out of the club, probably after a long night of partying and a crowd was forming around the scene.

"Alright everyone, back off this is a GCPD scene." I finally heard sirens and the people dispersed. I walked out of the alley and motioned them to where I was. Eddie was the first out and Jim and Harvey were following behind, guns in hand.

"It's fine the guys dead. He's over there." I pointed to his body.

"I also found this" I showed them the vial.

"Give that to Nygma, you guys are the lab geeks." Harvey said.

I looked over and watched Eddie rush towards me.

"You lied Katherine." he put his hand on my face rubbing my cheek with his thumb I flinched at the motion.

"He cut you open pretty bad you might need stitches." he looked into my eyes making my heart thump harder.

"GEEZ NIGHTBLOOD what did you do to this guy?" Harvey yelled.

"I took some self defense classes in college." I shrugged my shoulders holding back the smile on my lips.

Eddie laughed and led me to his car, I handed him the vial.

"I found this in his pocket, now we can finally analyze it"

"Yeah, but first let's get you cleaned up."

He pulled out a first aid kit and started disinfecting the wound.

"I didn't know you were a doctor."

"I went to med school, I actually wanted to be a doctor at first. Then I realized I loved deducting crimes and went into Forensics."

"You would rather hang out with a bunch of dead people than work with others?" he smiled, "I'm not much of a people person Kat." that was the first time he used my nickname.

"Are you almost finished?" I asked.

"You know patience is a virtue." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, you're all cleaned up, the cut wasn't too bad but the rest of your wounds are going to need some liquid stiches." he rubbed his thumb against my cheek.

"Thanks Ed." I looked up at him.

"Anytime Kat." he turned away, I felt foolish.

**How about dem apples? PLEASE COMMENT BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU WANT THE NEXT UPDATE!! LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANK YOU FOR READING!**