Let's make a deal

Kat's POV

After Eddie and I cleaned up the morgue we headed to Lee's office and handed her the file. By the time we were done, work was over for the both of us. Eddie took me back to my apartment and dropped me off at the entrance with a smile.

"Goodbye Katherine, Thank you." I nodded my head and returned the smile.

 I walked up the creaky stairs and saw a shadowy figure standing by my door waiting for me.

"Katherine, how have you been?"

"Oswald?"

"The one and only."

I walked closer to him, he had the same suit on from the last time I saw him.

"Well what can I do for you Oswald?"

"Is it a crime now to visit a new friend? But I do have something to ask of you."

"What would you need me for?"

He stepped closer inches away from my face

"I need you to help me Kat."

He didn't break eye contact as he continued speaking.

"I hear lots of rumors and gossip from my eyes and ears on the streets but the most interesting story I have heard is about you..."

My heart pounded in my ears.

"What do you mean?"

"Well Kat, you see someone I know owes me a large sum of money, and they haven't payed their debt to me. I don't like when people ignore me."

"What does that have to do with me?"

He stepped even closer and smiled.

"Someone told me that you would be just the person to get the money back..."

"By telling the police?"

I was nervous, and he could tell....

"Oh Katherine I think you know what I mean... I heard from a little birdie on the street that you were just the cat for the job."

"I don't think I can help you Oswald."

"The secrets out Katherine, I know who you are..." he leaned in to my ear and whispered "Catwoman"

"You think that I'm Catwoman?" I laughed. "Why would I be working at a police station if I was some kind of vigilante?"

"Don't play dumb with me Kat."

"I'm not playing dumb Oswald trust m-" 

"Let's make a deal Kat I promise not to tell anyone about your little secret, only if you help me."

I looked up at him a wicked smile plastered on his face.

"What do you need?"

His smile grew wider "Someone I am in business with stole some jewels from my boss and I need them back."

"Who's your boss?"

"That's none of your concern but it is someone you should worry about. Anyways I heard that you are very good at stealing things. I will give you the address and everything. All you have to do is slip in take what I need and slip out."

"I hope this will be as easy as you're making it sound."

 "If it consoles you any, you will be working with my bodyguard, Victor Zsaz he will keep you... well very safe."

"What do I get out of all this?"

"My protection and service Katherine and an offer to join my team. So what do you say?"

I looked down at his outstretched hand. Could I do this? 

Yes you can.

"I'll do it."

"Perfect." We shook hands. 

"So where do we start Oswald?"

"Her name, is Fish Mooney"

**Hey guys!! I knew this chapter is really short but it will play into the storyline!!! Tell  if you like it by voting and commenting below!!! Peace ✌🏻️**