Chapter 12: Let Her Go

It's a shame cause they all know who I am
Overlooked now they think they understand...

:6LACK

RICO

"Dababy is so legendary! How you not gon like him?"

I chuckled, "He's just not that good."

"Oh,"She mumbled. "I see you one of them drake niggas."

I shook my head. She laughed softly as she played with her food. I took Lanai out to Waffle House, which was her choice. She explained to me her deep love for Waffle House.

"I don't listen to rap like that. I like pop."

Her mouth dropped open. I noticed the few gold teeth she had in her mouth. It only made me more intrigued.

"You should be real happy I think you're fine."

"My friend used to hate Billie Eilish, and now all she does is listen to her."

She smirked, "I fuck with Billie."

The server came back to our table. She filled my water glass back up. Lanai ate her eggs. My phone buzzed softly in my lap.

"Don't pick that up."

"I have too. It could be my friend, and she really needs me."

"Toni doesn't nee-"

I sighed, "No, she's not Toni. Her name is Amarah."

"Jordan girlfriend? The pregnan-"

"Please don't call her the pregnant girl. She's so much more than that Lanai."

She held up her hands up in defense, "I just don't want anymore competition."

From: Unknown
Received at 9:17 AM

This Gerald. I had to take Mar to the hospital. She alright but they keeping her overnight.

"What the fuck?"I mumbled.

Lanai grabbed my hand, "Whats going on?"

"Amarah is in the hospital. I'm so sorry I have to cut this short. I'm not in a position to date right now a-"

"C'mon, I'll drive you to the hospital."

"Lanai I have a g-"

"Rico I'm not doing this because I like you. I'm doing this because it's the right thing. I'm not going to leave you by yourself in a time like this."

I nodded slowly. She grabbed my keys off of the table and headed outside. I threw a few hundreds on the table. I didn't have time to try and wait for the bill. Hopefully the money went to good use.

She was in the car when I went outside. Her hands were on the steering wheel. Her hair was now pulled back, and it displayed her features. She was stunning in every single way.