Chapter 2: Break The News

I came here alone
And I know that I'm wrong
It's just so hard for me to choose...

:Dreezy

AMARAH

"I don't know what Toni's been telling you but it has to stop. Look how much she pay yo-"

"I'm pregnant,"I whispered softly. "I'm actually pregnant."

He sighed and looked at the ground, "Are you in theater? Toni got a good actress this time. You're going places girl."

"I'm actually fucking pregnant."

He chuckled and began to walk away. I grabbed his arm and pulled him close to me. He jumped, and attempted to swing but I grabbed his other arm.

"Ricotta, can we please go ta ya ca'e? I need ta talk ta ya."

"My name isn't Ricotta."

"Ricardo?"

He shook his head.

"Richie?"

He shook his head.

"Rojo?"

"Now you're just being funny...It's Rico."

He let go of one of my hands and lead me outside. The breeze tickled my skin as he pulled me along. The parking lot was packed, as always. Everyone drove to school, because no one wanted to ride the bus. As much as I hated riding the bus, I did every so often. I refused to drive after what happened.

His Camry sat in the corner secluded. He opened the car door and let me in. I sat in the passenger seat. The new car smell lingered in the air. I pushed my hands into my pockets and waited for him to get into he car.

"I never caught your name."

I looked down at the gear shift, "Parkia."

"Huh?"

"Parkia, ma name is Parkia."

He shook his head, "You're a horrific liar but whatever. Toni has really outdone herself this time."

"I don't kna who tha hell Toni is but she ain't send me."

"Then what does you being pregnant have to do with...me?"

I closed my eyes, "Because it's Jordan's baybeh."

He started laughing, "That can't be true. Jordan was all over this girl named Amarah. He would never do her wrong."

I didn't say anything. I just kept my eyes closed. The silence filled the car.

"Unless you're Amarah..."He trailed off for a second. "So what are we going to do?"

I stared at him, "We? Nah, ain't no we. Ima go ta tha clinic when I get a few coins."

"Why would you tell me if there's no we?"