29.

Faith Elizabeth
"Hey you,"
"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you before we go out for dinner"
"Aren't you cute"
"I try. What have you done today?"
"Nothing much. Had my last proper day at school so that was good" I sighed flicking through TV channels. "How's your family?"
"Good. I think I'm annoying them because I've been back for two solid weeks"
"Aw. What are you doing now?"
"Getting ready. What about you?"
"Trying to find something marginally entertaining to watch on TV" I giggled petting my dog.
"Where's your family?"
"Dolly's next to me, mum and step dad are out for dinner, sisters out for the weekend so, I'm left to my own devices" I said.
"How about a take out?" He asked.
"Ooh I just might actually" I giggled.
"I've got to go now. I'm sorry, I'll talk to you later I promise"
"Oh, that's ok. I'll talk to you later. Bye!" I smiled and he hung up the phone. "Just me and you then" I smiled hugging my sleepy puppy.

The doorbell.

"Maybe not" I sighed pushing my body off the sofa, tugging on Shawn's hoodie I had claimed before he left.
"Room for one more?" I heard as I opened the door.
"What the fuck, how- I don't-"
"A yes would be nice"
"Yes! Come in!" I said hugging his broad shoulders. "What are you doing here?" I asked and looked at the boxes in his hands.
"Dinner date?" He smirked and I shook my head.
"This is amazing. You're amazing"
"I know. But what best friend would I be if I didn't bring pizza when I know you're on your own?"
"I legit love you"
"I'm gay."
"Yes dipshit I know" I giggled taking the boxes out of Ryan's hands as we walked back into the living room.
"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about" he sighed as we sat down.
"Oh my god,"
"What"
"You have a boyfriend" I smirked, wiggling my eyebrows up and down.
"No. Well not yet. But maybe by the end of next week" he winked and I raised an eyebrow.
"Ooh spill. Wait, where's Tess?" I asked thinking it should be three of us, not just us two.
"I did ask her but she's with Will" he said rolling his eyes.
"Again?" I sighed and he nodded.
"It's starting to piss me off. She's always with him now, like I wouldn't mind seeing him like sometimes but she's with him every lunch and weekend and she's forgetting us" he ranted and I shrugged.
"I don't think she's forgetting us. They're just in the honeymoon phase." I said.
"Oh well. I like you so that's fine" he smiled and I hit his arm.
"What did you want to talk to me about?"
"Don't be pissed off ok?"
"I won't"
"You know Daniel Shaw? As in gorgeous Daniel who's actually not straight but actually bisexual?" He asked.
"I didn't know that but I do now"
"Well. I asked him out and he said yes. We're going on a date next week" he squealed and my eyes were about to pop out of my head.
"Fuck off" I said.
"You're not mad are you?"
"No! No I'm so happy for you" I said putting my arms around him.
"Thank god. Anyways, what happening with you and Shawn?"
"I don't know. We're not anything official...yet" I giggled.
"Isn't he going to the MET gala like next week?" Ryan asked and I nodded. "Has he asked you to go?"
"No. But it's in New York. And I hate flying" I smiled nervously. "And what the hell would I wear?"
Ryan shrugged just as my parents walked back in.
"You're always here" Mum said and he nodded.
"How would you feel about Faith going to New York next week for the MET gala?" Ryan asked and I rolled my eyes.
"As long as you don't have exams and I don't have to pay for anything it's fine" mum laughed and my stepdad shrugged.
"Shawn will pay"
"You're going with Shawn?"
"No. He's not asked me to go."
"But he might" Ryan winked and I shrugged.

We all jumped as a heavy knock sounded on the door.
We all shared a look as I slowly opened the door.
"Oh my god!!" I squealed.
"Are you ok?" Ryan said as I opened the door further revealing Shawn stood in the doorway.
"What are you doing here?!" I squealed again throwing my arms around him.
" I have a surprise for you, so I'm glad you're all here" he breathed and my eyes flickered over to Ryan.
"I know you're busy at the moment and I know this isn't fancy, but would you want to come with me to the gala next week?" He said and I almost went into shock. I stumbled back a few into Ryan.
"Can I take this moment, to tell all of you that I told you so?"
"No you may not" I breathed. "Are you being serious? Don't fuck with me"
"I'm one hundred percent sure"
"Don't you want to go with someone like I dunno a model, someone famous?" I asked.
"No. Not at all. I want to go with you"
"What will I wear?"
"We have a dress already made so only tailoring is necessary" he said and I still couldn't comprehend what was happening.
"Wait wait. What are the logistics?" My step dad said.
"We'd get a flight out on the 4th, the Gala is on the 6th and we'd fly back on the 8th. Everything's paid for, the flights and the hotel" Shawn explained.
"And you're both super sure about this? You know what people are going to say" mum said and me and Shawn nodded. "Ok then. Take some books with you" mum said and I nodded.

"Are you sure about this? I'm not your girlfriend or anything" I said and he shrugged.
"I can't think of anyone at the moment I would want to go to with if not you"
"Shawn I don't even know what to say. This is amazing. Scary, but amazing" I said and hugged him again.
"Shawn honey are you needing to sleep here until your flight?" Mum asked and Shawn shrugged.
"I can go and get a hotel"
"Nonsense, Just stay here" she said and Shawn nodded. "Ryan are you staying tonight my love?"
"Yeah please"
"Shawn I'm afraid you'll have to go in the spare room"
Shawn nodded and we all nodded along with him.
"Now I don't know about everyone else but it's late and I'm extremely tired so I'm going to bed" Mum said and kissed me goodnight.
We all agreed and headed up stairs.

"Do you want the left or right side of the bed?" Ryan asked as me Shawn and Ryan stood in the hallway outside my room.
"Left" I said and he nodded walking into my bedroom.
"You're sharing a bed with him?" Shawn asked and I nodded.
He didn't reply, just nodded.
"Why did you come here Shawn? Why me?" I whispered.
He didn't say anything. He grabbed my waist and quickly pulled me into him. My breathing quickening. He brushed his lips lightly against my neck and along my jaw, my eyes fluttering closed. His fingertips brushed against the bare skin of my hip, and I was about to give in to him there and then.
"You're the one that I want to be with" he whispered against my ear before slowly backing away into his room.