23.

Faith Elizabeth
"Nervous?"
"No"
"Have you heard from him?"
"No"

I had been back in the U.K. for two days and had no word from Shawn. Me and mum were sat in the doctors. She was nervous that it had been three days since me and Shawn spent the night together.
I wasn't.
I couldn't focus on that.
All I thought about was the fact that he hadn't contacted me at all. I knew it would happen. Deep down I always said it to myself. He's probably forgotten it all. After all I wasn't anyone important.
I tried not to think about it and tried to think of the times that I did spend with him and how I would never forget what happened. Everything that happened.

"Faith Elizabeth" a woman said smiling and I stood up.
"Can I go by myself?" I asked and mum nodded.
I smiled and followed the doctor down the hall.
"How are you today my love?" She asked and I shrugged.
"Tired" I smiled.
"I recognise you from somewhere," she said and I raised an eyebrow. "The paper or my daughters magazine. Yes. You're the girl Shawn Mendes was seen with"
"Oh. I didn't know that news travelled back here" I sighed.
"Well you go to school here and people recognised you".
"Yeah"
"Anyways. I'm professional. I know what you're here for, your mother explained on the phone and Miss Elizabeth I'm going to guess that you and Mr Mendes may have had a relationship"
"No. It was just a thing. We did it once. We're nothing now" I said looking down at my hands.
"I'm professional and all this is confidential. I just want to reassure you that I'm not going to go mad blab this to any press or anyone at all" she smiled and I nodded.
"Thanks."
"So. It's been three or so days, which isn't great. But we can definitely give you some pills to take for the next day or two ok?" She explained and I nodded.
"In three weeks I want you to take all three of these ok?" She said fiddling around in a draw before pulling out three fancy looking pregnancy tests. "Don't be worried. They're just to check that the pill worked ok?" She said and I nodded.
"Great. After that. Just pop back in and we'll have another chat"
"Great thank you very much" I said shoving the tests deep into my bag.

I walked back out to mum and nodded.
"I've got pills and after 3 weeks she wants me to take pregnancy tests and come back" I sighed.
"I never thought my daughter would have to take a pregnancy test at eighteen" Mum sighed.
"I thought you weren't going to judge me. Besides I am on the pill. It's you being paranoid" I said stopping in my tracks.
"Ok ok" she said and I continued to walk past her. "Has Shawn really not messaged you?"
"No. If he had, I would have told you" I said and we continued to walk.

"You've got school this morning" Mum said throwing my door open.
"Nope"
"Faith Elizabeth That was our deal. You do the video you come home you go to school. Get up" she said and I couldn't help but groan.
I picked up my phone and looked at my lock screen. It was a photo of me and Shawn at the beach. I sighed at the memory and popped open the locket that had stayed firmly around my neck since the day Shawn have it to me.
"You miss him"
"Of course I do. I got too in my head and was certain something would happen"
"Well it did. You two had,"
"I mean relationship wise mum. I really did think he would ask me" I sighed throwing the covers off.
"His loss" Mum smiled and walked out.

I threw on my black skinny jeans and an orange paisley patterned shirt, put on my usual makeup and vans.
"Ready?" Mum said and threw the car keys to me.
"No. But yeah" I sighed opening the front door.
"Have a good day!"
"I won't!" I shouted back before closing the door.
I jogged round to the car. It felt strange being back in the drivers seat. I had to remember to drive on the right side of the road.
I threw on my sunglasses before starting the drive down to school.
I cursed as I arrived in school seeing so many people. I was sure that if my doctor had read the celebrity news then everyone at this school would have.
Again I groaned and stepped slowly out of the car.
I didn't have much time to breath. "Miss Elizabeth? My office please?" Our headmaster said and I rolled my eyes pushing my sunglasses up.
I followed him into his office and slumped onto a brown leather chair.
"You're back"
"I did email to say I would be back now"
"No I know. I just wanted to tell you that there's been a lot of talk about you. Some good. Some not so good." he sighed.
"I half expected that"
"You're very welcome to pop in for a chat if ever you need to. We're excited to have a celebrity here" he laughed and I shook my head.
"I'm not a celebrity. Shawn is. I'm not" I said standing. "Thank you sir" I sighed before walking out.
I tried to ignore the stares as I walked to my locker.
"I told you!" I heard from down the hall and a smile was brought to my face immediately. I heard the sound of running feet and turned to be met with the two real friends I had here.
"You have clearly forgotten how to write a text" Ryan said taking me into his arms.
"We've not heard from you in so long" Tess said joining in the hug.
"I know I'm sorry. It's been crazy"
"Do you think we don't know that? You've been the talk of the school" Ryan said and I shrugged.
"You have to tell us everything. And I mean everything" Tess said pulling up photos of me and Shawn that were captured. "You could make a scrapbook of how many photos have been going round"
"This is my personal favourite" Ryan said showing me a photo from the day me and Shawn went to get coffee. "I especially like the scratch marks there" he winked and I snatched the phone, zooming in to where the marks on Shawn's front were clearly visible.
"Fuck. Yeah that looks bad" I blushed with a small laugh.
"You have so much explaining to do" Tess giggled as the bell sounds.
"I shall. After school? Revolution coffee?" I questioned.
"Aw. You remembered our place in the midst of all that sex with Shawn" Ryan laughed and I slapped his arm before they both walked off.

As I opened my locker, a small piece of paper flew out. I picked it up and a number was written on it.
"I see you got my note" a male voice said behind me and I turned to see one of the most popular boys in our school, Daniel Shaw.
"This is yours?" I said and he shrugged stepping closer to me.
"Ring it and find out"
"Did you get the wrong locker or something?"
"Nope" he smirked and walked down the hall.

What the hell is going on?