1) Shades of Blue

Baby blue. The color of the sky on a warm spring day, just as the clouds begin to fade and the sun is bright as ever. The color baby shower decorations are drenched in.

Navy blue. The color of a school uniform. Or perhaps a binder or book cover. A color that could easily be associated with school and academics. On cold nights, the color of your grandfather's cotton robe.

Periwinkle blue. The perfect shade for the centerpieces at your aunt Rose's second wedding reception. To compliment the wedding party's attire. Or your aunt's eyes.

Turquoise blue. The color that adorns your best friend's fingernails on her birthday in late June, the color of her new designer brand shoes that were a gift from a never-around father.

Electric blue. The color of the new neighbor's car, the color of his sister's perfectly glossed lips as they head down the street to the local candy shop. The hue of your third grade cousin's diary.

Sapphire blue. The color of your mother's priceless earrings passed down through generations. The color of your brother's least favorite tie. The color of that prom dress every girl's been dreaming about, the color of a lucky pair of socks.

Most importantly, for those who did remember, the very few who cared, it holds a stronger meaning. For Sapphire blue was the color of her tinted hair when she walked with such an amount of confidence that only she could possess, the color of the tacky gum she was always chewing, the color of the lighter tucked in her pocket. For the very few who's life her presence had an impact on, Sapphire blue is the only thing they have to remember her by. Her signature color from day one forward, the one simple memory left of her legacy as she left her entire life behind and walked away without a trace.

וו×
For some people the world is just plain and colorless. For others, colors hold more meaning than just blotches of powder on an overpriced pallette.