"Okay, I need a big boy breath this time," Remi coached Brayden, breathing in and out slowly as an example. She had a stethoscope that was gifted to her by Royce last Christmas around her neck. Her main focus this morning was taking note of all of Brayden's vitals to make sure everything was in check after his scare last night, "Can you give me a big boy breath?"

Brayden did what she had demonstrated, inhaling before exhaling deeply. He looked up at her with wide eyes, as if for confirmation that he was doing it right, and she nodded her head with a smile.

"Good job, give me another big boy breath," Remi pressed the stethoscope to his back, listening closely, "There you go. One more?"

Brayden did as told, giving her one more deep breath before looking up at her again. She gave him a thumbs up which made him smile again, before removing the stethoscope from around her neck and placing it on the table. Omari watched her scribble down whatever she had just taken. He noted how Remi did everything effortlessly, as if she was destined to be a nurse.

Omari trotted down the stairs, getting the full whiff of the breakfast smell he enjoyed so much. He wrapped his arms around Remi's shoulders and pecked her face, making her instantly blush, "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning babe," Remi pecked his lips, "Your food is already done, you might have to heat it up though."

"Good morning Brayden," Omari stuck his hand out to give Brayden a high five. After his many attempts to hug and hold Brayden, Omari thought it over and figured he may have been moving just a little too fast. Instead, he decided he'd move at a slower pace and introduce Brayden to other forms of physical touch like handshakes and high fives.

Brayden waved before slapping his hand into his father's with a wide grin. Omari walked over for his plate of food, heating it up and sitting down and stared over what Remi was doing.

"What's all this?" Omari waved his fork around at the papers she was putting into folders.

"All of his medical records that his case worker gave you; prior test results, any medications, and blood work, it's all in here. There's three copies of each and each copy goes in a folder," she began to point at the folders, "One for us, one for his pediatrician, and one for the neurologist. My mom used to do this for my sister and I—you take it to all the appointments and this way it answers all the questions the doctor may have for you." 

"And what you were doing with all this," he looked over the tools, "Is he good?"

"Yup," Remi flashed a paper in his direction, "His blood pressure is a teensy bit high but nothing to be worried about because the seizure probably stressed him just a bit. Other than that his breathing is fine as is his heart rate. Everything checks out."

"Can you come with us tomorrow?" Omari asked, stuffing a forkful of eggs into his mouth. With him being new to this type of thing, he knew he would probably just go along with whatever the doctor said and call it a day. Having Remi there though, he knew she'd ask all the right questions and make sure Brayden was receiving nothing but the best from the best.

Being out in public together in a place that people frequented was probably risky, but he didn't care as of late. He wanted to make sure his son was good.

"What time is the appointment?" Remi looked back down at the papers, making sure they were all organized correctly.

"They never called me back," Omari told her, making her scrunch up her face.

"What's the number?" Remi sat back in her seat, grabbing her phone with squinted eyes.

Omari pointed to the side of his fridge, "The card is hanging up over there."