94. You Feel Disrepected

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked as he sat down next to me. I told him what happened - even the part about Brian eyeing me up and down - and I could tell that he wasn't too happy either.

"Now, because I just got up and left the room when he did that, your fans watching the live stream are probably going to think that I'm stuck up or something." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek.

"I'll talk to Brian." He said.

"Thank you. I just want to stay in here." I said. Shawn rubbed my back.

"I know honey, but you can stick with me. How does that sound?" He asked. I leaned on him and nodded my head.

"Okay. I love you." I said.

"I love you too sweetie. Come on, let's go back out there and I'll talk to him." Shawn said.

"If he's still doing the live stream, are the fans going to think that I tattled on him or something?" I asked. Shawn put his hand to my cheek.

"My love, you overthink. Who cares what the fans think about this situation? Yes, they watched it happen, but there's really just three people involved in the situation: you, Brian, and I." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. We stood up and Shawn held my hand as we walked back out to where everyone was. Brian looked at us.

"Hey, I'm still doing the live stream if you guys want to join." Brian said.

"Dude, my girlfriend is not a 'chick'. Also, don't eye her up and down like you did when you first saw her. And, you know how to pronounce her name, so please don't mispronounce it on purpose. Yes, Y/n is used to her name getting mispronounced, but that's when people first meet her. She doesn't like it when people who know how to pronounce it, pronounce her name wrong on purpose. Just have a bit more respect for my girlfriend, okay?" Shawn asked. Brian nodded.

"Okay." He said.

"Thank you." Shawn said. Brian nodded and we all sat back down. I was, once again, sitting in between Shawn and Brian.

"So, Shawn's girlfriend, how have you been?" Brian asked. It was weird, the first time I met Brian, he was so sweet and nice to me. I looked at him.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. Did you really have to tattle on me?" Brian asked. Shawn was talking to someone so he didn't hear what Brian had just said.

"You made me feel upset and uncomfortable and I just wanted to get out of the room. Shawn didn't know why I was upset, so I told him. I didn't ask him to talk to you, he was the one who said that he would talk to you about it." I said. Brian nodded. Shawn kissed my cheek and I gave him a small smile.

"My love, I'm just going out on the balcony with Geoff." He said. I nodded, but I remembered that he had said that I could stick with me.

"Okay. I love you." I said. Shawn gave me a kiss on the lips.

"I love you too." He said and then stepped out onto the balcony with Geoff. I took a sip of my water and then set it down.

"So, how does it feel to be Shawn Mendes's girlfriend?" Brian asked. I felt irritated. I didn't even care about the fact that he was doing a live stream anymore.

"Well it feels good to be dating my best friend. Why do you keep referring to me as Shawn Mendes's girlfriend?" I asked.

"Well, that's what you are." Brian said.

"Yes, but who I'm dating doesn't define me and who I am. Yes, I'm Shawn's girlfriend, but our relationship doesn't define me, it doesn't make up who I am. I'm my own person, not just an attachment of Shawn." I said. He nodded.