Chapter 26 - Nightmare

June 26th, 2013 (A Week Later)

Kimaya's POV

"God, this is so much better than your first book!" Exclaimed Vihaan, as he read the manuscript of my second book. It wasn't complete yet, but I'd told him the ending I was planning.

"Thank God. It should be better." I said.

"How do you write so well?"

"I don't."

"Of course you do!"

"Of course I don't!"

"Yes you do, wildcat!"

"Vihaan!"

"Yes, wildcat?" He teased.

"Stop that!"

"Never!" He said, bursting into laughter. I stared at him angrily for a few seconds, before starting to laugh myself.

"So do you think the critics will like this one better?" 

"I'm sure they will! When will you complete this?"

"I don't know, in another week or so!"

"Complete it fast, wildcat. I'd love it if you got this published before you left for your college!"

"That's impossible! The procedures and everything, they take up months! And I'm here only for a month or so more!"

"I'm sure the publishers will speed up the process a bit, you're already a proper writer anyway!"

"Maybe, but it will still take more than a month and a half. Plus, I was planning of getting this book published in the United States. The characters, setting, everything is in New York. So it won't work out that well in India!"

"Oh, I see!"

"Thanks, by the way," I said.

"God, wildcat said a thank you to me! And that's for?"

"For reading this!"

"You're welcome! And I read it because I like reading books!"

"Hmm."

Vihaan was the only one who had read the book till now. I'd asked mom, dad, Tashanna... But they were all busy. Tashanna's college hadn't closed yet, and dad was off to a business trip. And mom, she had a big delivery coming up, so she was almost always at her art studio. So finally, I asked Vihaan, and he readily helped me out.

"So do you think I should change any part in it?" I asked.

"Nope. That book is amazing the way it is. You really are a hopeless romantic, aren't you?" He asked, laughing. I couldn't help laughing too. This one too was a romance. Not historical, like my previous book, but it was still a love story.

"Well, I'm not a hopeless romantic... I just like writing such books! And that's what's selling these days."

"Oh good! It was kinda weird imagining a wildcat loving romance!"

I shot him a glare, and he just grinned back. 

His phone suddenly rang. The person on the other side was literally shouting, and I could catch bits of the conversation.

"Dude, do you want to get late again?"

"Oh shit," said Vihaan. "I'm so sorry! I'll be right there!"

He cut the call and faced me. 

"So sorry wildcat, I gotta go. Music club; we had our practice today and I'm almost late again. I've been getting late for the past week!"