Chapter 4 - There's a Lot of Catching Up to do

Hey! Sorry for the late update! But I had exams going on and couldn't really write. And when I did start writing, I was so confused that I wrote this chapter thrice. Also, sorry for any mistakes because it is unedited. Anyway, hope you guys like it!

Love,

Mugdha Mittal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hand snaked around her and gagged her mouth. Before she knew what was happening, she was lifted up and held tight in the position.

Kimaya struggled, wiggling like a little fish in her captor's arms.

"Take the key out. We've got some work to do," said the captor, in a fierce whisper.

Kimaya shook her head. She had no intentions of going further away from her beloved home. 

"I said, take it out." This time, the whisper was more commanding, more menacing.

Scared, Kimaya slowly withdrew the key. She didn't want the captor to harm her. The captor let her get down, but did not let her go. Her arms were held from behind with one hand, the other hand covering up her mouth. 

Kimaya was half dragged to a tree at some distance from her house, and was finally let free. Kimaya turned around furiously and stared at her captor. Her eyes grew wide.

"You?!"

"Yes, me."

"I have no intentions of talking to you, and you know that. So, just get lost!"

"Kim, please listen. I need your help. You're the only way I can do this."

"One chance. If I say no, then you better go and never come back again. Shoot."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimaya woke up late next morning, the memories of the previous night still fresh in her head. When she opened her eyes, she saw a figure staring down at her. 

"What the..!" She yelled, not used to having someone by her side when she woke up. She usually got up early enough, and if she didn't, know one was really gonna come and stare at her while she slept. Kimaya was a bit protective about her room anyway, she didn't usually let anyone enter it, including her parents and Tashanna.

"Relax, Kimmy. It's just me."

"Astrid?" 

It had been years since Kimaya had seen Astrid. She could hardly recognize the pretty brunette she saw. The British teen was beautiful, with long, straight brown hair surrounding her diamond shaped face. Short front hair fell on her face, pushed to a side to reveal her twinkling grey eyes. She was wearing a light green jumpsuit, with a white shrug. Her pale white skin gave her an angelic look. The little chubby girl Kimaya once knew had transformed so much in those ten years, but then so had Kim. Kimaya's hair was of the darkest shade of brown, and her eyes were jet black, which could give looks that killed. Her heart shaped face had almost perfect features, and her once pale skin now had a gentle rosy-brown tint, thanks to India's climate. She had an enchanting British touch to her accent. Kimaya was definitely the envy of most of the girls she knew. 

Astrid smiled at Kimaya, making a line of memories flash back into her mind. A cute, bubbly young girl, with dancing eyes and a playful smile. A girl who always had something green in her dress.

"Astrid... Oh my God, Astrid!"

Kimaya jumped up from her bed and pulled Astrid into a gigantic hug, not ready to let her go.