Chapter seventeen

Jess stood in front of her full length mirror. It was Monday. The day Jess had been dreading had arrived. Jess was wearing her schools summer uniform which was: a schooldress, socks, schoolshoes and a jumper. She also had to wear her blazer to and from a school.

With one last final glance in the mirror Jess left her bedroom.

Do you need me to drive you today? Sylvia asked.

Jess nodded. She would rather be driven then have to take the bus where everyone would stare at her again.

The drive to school was silent.

So are you excited to go back to school? Sylvia asked.

No Jess said screwing her face up.

What about seeing your friends? Sylvia asked.

Well Maisie's being a bitch so not really Jess said grumpily.

Sylvia took Jess to the office when they arrived then Jess had to go to class. The week was boring. Jess hated school as much as she hated it before she disappeared . She got a lot of weird looks but they eventually died down. Maisie was still being annoying but Jess was able to cope with it. It felt as though life had finally gone back to normal. But had it really?

Jessica Maisie yelled jumping in front of Jess as she walked down the school hallway.

Jess tried not to roll her eyes. Hey Maisie she said.

So tomorrow you and the others are gonna come over to my place for a sleepover so we can celebrate you being back or whatever Maisie said.

Yeah ok I'll come Jess said even though Maisie hadn't ask if she was free.

Ok cool come over to my house at 3 Maisie said then she ran off down the hallway, probably going to ask the others if they would come.

Jess wondered how this sleepover would go. Last time Maisie organised something Jess got kidnapped. Hopefully things wouldn't be so bad this time. But who knows?