Sweet Memory

In a weeks time you need to leave South Korea. Your dad got a job in Australia. Your mum and dad broke the news to you on Saturday night.

You cried that night. Your heart clenched every single time you thought of leaving your friends, leaving Hanbin, a person you thought you will hold hands with, share embraces with.

You thought of the most gentle, most nicest way to break the news. A million scenarios passed your mind, you cried even more by just thinking about it.

You were tired, mentally exhausted to say the the least, but you have reached to the conclusion that you need to tell Hanbin as soon as possible.

~~~~~

It was a Sunday, and today is the day you need to tell Hanbin. It is funny how the sun is smiling at you, with no clouds in the sky, but no matter how beautiful the day, it wasn't able to take away the heavy shadow in your heart.

You told Hanbin to wait you in front of the ice cream shop, Hanbin's favourite.

Hopefully he will appreciate that, because that was the very last thing you can do for him.

You sat there waiting for him. Minutes passed and there were still no signs of him. You sat there wondering if he forgot about this meet-up.

You were about to call him, when his voice called out my name.

' Chae Young!!!'

' Chae young!!'

' YA!!! You were late!'

He was standing in front of me, huffing and puffing, there was a big smile on his face, which deepened my sorrow.

' sorry Chae young, but I need to tell you something,"

I nodded my head, signalling him to continue.

" I GOT INTO YG ENTERTAINMENT, I am officially a trainee!!!"

Without thinking, I hugged him.

"See, I told you, you will reach your dreams, you just need to work your butt off and believe, and guess what YOU ARE NEARLY THERE!!!"

At that very moment, you forgot about what you were about to say, you were genuinely happy for him.

You guys spent another minute squealing and gasping at the wonderful news.

" So Chae Young, what's the occasion?"

It caught you off by surprise, you nearly choke on the ice cream.

' pardon?'

" Like, why you called me so urgently to meet, I thought you always study like a nerd on Sundays,"

A million thoughts flew past your mind.

Should I tell him now? But I don't want to ruin this happy day for him? But he needs to know, he has everything right to know.

" oh nothing, I just wanted to see you,"

Ah, CHAE YOUNG WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, that was so cheesy.

Hanbin chuckled a shy laugh

"To be honest I'm glad you called me, because I wanted to see you too,"

My heart skipped a beat. Sure, we have flirted but this is the first time, he said those cheesy things. He never did those, he was always calm and collected.

You can safely say that you did a mental squeal inside.

That day, you spent the whole afternoon playing in the park. It was fun, beautiful and enchanting.

Just you and Hanbin. No one else. It felt nice and comforting that after you leave South Korea you can delve back into these sweet memories. You promised yourself that you were going to tell him. But every single time you were about to tell him, your tongue wouldn't budge, the words won't come out. You decided to tell him tonight. You must.

The end of the day was nearing and you guys walked back to Hanbin's house.

You finally reached the front gate.

"Do you want to come in? I mean like only if you want to?"

Did he just shyly smiled at you. Did the proud, charismatic KIM HANBIN act shy in front of me. You smiled, you were about to say yes when the phone in your pocket rang.

" yobeoseoyo?........ Ne eomma,"

It was your mum.

" Hanbin-ah I am afraid I can't,"

He tried to take it cooly.

I put a comforting smile. He smiled back

There was an awkward silence. This is the time to tell him. SPEAK LEE CHAE YOUNG SPEAK!!

"See you tomorrow Hanbin"

"See you tomorrow Youngie

You failed. You didn't tell him. You sighed and promised yourself you were going to tell him tomorrow.

With your last wave, you turned around and started walking.

You were nearly at the corner of the block when you felt two arms grab your shoulders. The strong hands turned you around.

It was Hanbin. His face was inches away from your face.

" Chae Young, tomorrow I want to tell you something very important, promise to meet me in front my favourite ice cream shop at 9am sharp, ARASSO?"

You were in shock but still managed to utter, "Arasso,"

You then gave you a gentle pat on your head and he ran back inside his house.

-----------------------