~Chapter 22~

Christian's POV:

"Amanda? Amanda, can you hear us?" The doctor asked her, it took a while for her body to respond. All of a sudden her eyes opened and squinted because of the harsh light.

"God, can someone turn that fucking light off?" She groaned, there's the Amanda we know and love.

"Sorry but we need the light to check on you." The doctor told her, she looked at her and raised an eyebrow at her.

"And you are?"

"Oh, how rude of me, I'm Doctor Williams, I'm your doctor." She introduced herself, Amanda nodded her head and looked at me. She gave me a smile and looked at our still intertwined hands. I felt my cheeks heat up and I took my hand away from her's and stuffed it in my pocket.

"So how is she?" I heard Bryan ask

"Well she seems to be doing good, we'll have to check on her later. She has to stay here for about 2 more days, we still need to monitor her kidney to make sure it's reacting well to the rest of her organs." She explained, we all nodded our heads and I sighed in relief. Thank God, she's okay.

"Excuse me, I have to do my rounds." She excused herself and walked out the room leaving us. I looked at Amanda and gave her a smile.

"Thank God, you're alright, we were so worried about you." I said

"By 'we' he means him, he was literally here the entire time." Kyle said and lightly punched my shoulder, if looks could kill, he'll probably be six feet in the ground right now. Shit, I forgot about Mom, Dad, and the twins.

"Shit, I need to call my parents and tell them you're awake so that they could bring the twins over. The twins really miss you, you know." I told her, she gave me a small smile and nodded her head.

"I know, I miss them too, how have they been?" She asked

"They're good, they were really scared and worried about you." I told her, she sighed and leaned back.

"Did you find my Aunt?" She asked, I shook my head and looked at the guys.

"Can you guys leave us for a moment? I need to talk to Amanda, alone." I asked, they gave me a smile and nodded their heads. They walked out and left me and Amanda alone.

"Amanda, why didn't you tell me that she does that to you? I could've helped you." I said

"I just didn't want to be a burden to you or anyone else." I just looked at her.

"Mandy, you are not a burden. You are my best friend."

"I'm sorry" She apologized

"Don't say sorry Mandy, you didn't do anything wrong, but I really wish you told me sooner. Now that I know your Aunt is hurting you, you are not going back to that house."

Amanda's POV:

"Don't be say sorry Mandy, you didn't do anything wrong, but I really wish you told me sooner. Now that I know your Aunt is hurting you, you are not going back to that house." He said

"Then where the hell are me and twins staying?" I asked him, he can't just kick me out of my own house. What the hell?

"You're staying with me and my parents." He said, wait what?!

"Huh?! Come again?" I asked him as my eyes widened.

"Yeah, I'll ask Mom and Dad when they get here, and I'm sure the twins would love the idea, you won't need to work anymore." He said, what the hell is happening? Is he serious?

"Christian, are you sure with what you're saying? I'm not the only one living in your house. There will be two 8 years olds running around. Are you sure you want us to stay?" I asked him still shocked with what he saying.

"I'm serious Amanda, I don't want you and the twins to live alone. Please, stay with me." He practically begged.

"How are you even sure your parents are gonna allow me and the twins to stay with you guys?" I asked, I'm not sure Veronica and Tyler will be too keen on the idea of me and the twins staying with them. I mean, I have twins with me and they're a whole lot of work and I still need to homeschool them.

You're probably wondering why the twins aren't in school, well I don't let them go into an actually school, I homeschool them, meaning I teach them everything they need to know. I mean, I can't really afford their school right now, so I teach them.

"I'll make sure of it, just please stay with us Amanda. I don't want you living alone, please." He begged, I thought about it. I mean it was a pretty good idea, but it's too much. I don't want to intrude or anything.

"Please Amanda" He pleaded, I sighed and made my decision.

"Fine, but we'll have to ask your parents." I said, his lips broke into a smile and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you for everything Christian, you're doing too much, but thank you." I said and wrapped my arms around him as well.

"No need to thank me Amanda, I'll do anything for you." He said and pulled away giving me a smile.

"Also, thank you for giving me your kidney. I still can't believe that you did that for me." I smiled

"Like I said, I'll do anything for you Mandy." He said and looked into my eyes. His eyes were so green, so beautiful. I could literally get lost in them, they were filled with worry and happiness at the same time.

I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips and he started to lean in close and closer, I found myself leaning in as well. He cupped my face and looked at me deep in my eyes.

"Amanda, can I kiss you?" He asked, I looked at him in the eye. My lips curled in a smile and I nodded my head. He leaned in closer and soon enough, his lips met mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms found their way to my waist. He was careful enough to not get tangled in the wires. I pulled on his hair which caused him to groan. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me deeper. I can't believe this, I'm kissing my best friend, the best friend I've always been in love with.