Stealing the covers

Start from the beginning

She knew very well, that sound Negan made in the back of his throat when Blake did oh-so many dirty things to him....

...she knew his scent....musky and heady, like a burning wood fire and dark whisky...

....and she knew that look he got in his eye sometimes when he thought she wasn't looking....that look that told her that she would always be his, and he would always be hers.

But Blake shook herself a little now, unscrewing the cap off of her bottle and pulling it to her lips.

They were just friends...

Ok, friends who have sex and sleep in each other's beds....

Friends who care oh-so completely about the other...

But all the same...just friends...

For that's all it could be in this world.

Blake loved those women downstairs too much to ask him to give them up now. They needed his protection, and as long as they held their titles of wife-to-Negan, they would always be safe...their families would always be looked after...

But it was because of that fact that Blake could never become one of them. She didn't need Negan's protection. She could fend for herself....

And she knew that no matter how much she wanted it to be true. She would never be the only woman in his life.

He was probably too proud and had too much of a reputation to uphold to allow her to be that.

And so they would stay like this for as long as Blake could bare. That was her decision now.

Because in reality, this life of theirs wouldn't last long.

Both of them could be dead tomorrow....

....barely remembered in ten years' time...

So they would have fun today....to ties...not even to each other....

....no family...no children...

...because that was the way of the world. Cruel and hard.

And Blake had to just deal with that...

.... instead, enjoying these small moments, where she would pretend, for just a second, that they were together, for real, living in a big house in the suburbs with a couple of kids and a dog downstairs....happy.

She took a long sip of water before wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, as Negan took the bottle from her grasp swigging down a few long gulps of his own, before passing it swiftly back to her...

...just as their came a hard knock upon the door.

Blake gave a groan.

God, that was the downside of sleeping with Negan...having him be constantly in demand. For she knew that it was very doubtful that that knock would be for her.

But even so, she gave a small sigh now, making to lift the sheet slightly and shift over to the edge of the bed and hop out.

But before she could do so, she felt a sudden growl in her ear and a warm hand tug swiftly at her waist, pulling her backwards.

And Blake, giving the smallest squeal of laughter, felt Negan' pull her back down against the mattress once more, taut against his own body, as his lips found her ear through her mountain of caramel-hair.

"Let me fuckin' get up, Doll-face," he murmured in a low, gentlemanly voice, making Blake feel warm inside and completely and utterly protected, as he pressed a weary, yet gentle, kiss to her shoulder, before heaving himself up off of the bed.