intro

— in which mark created a club to mend broken hearts, without thinking the possibilities that could happen.

"hey, what if i start a club?" mark blurted out of the blue, making the tall male beside him scoff. "what? can't you at least be supportive? i'm literally trying my best here."

his friend was just laughing beside him, teasing the shit out of mark. "and flop afterwards?" he wiped the invisible tears that came out of his eyes.

"johnny-hyung, i swear i'm serious. i wanna start a club. but i have no idea what club though. i want it to have sense and be useful..." mark sighed, placing his chin on his palm.

just then, two people stopped in front of them, which made the two of them confused. mark looked at johnny, and the older just shrugged as a reaction.

there was a couple, and they were bickering. mark badly wanted to stop the two of them before someone reports them to the principal, but he can't just meddle with someone else's business.

it isn't his concern, and as much as he doesn't want anyone to be hurt, he can't do anything but watch.

turns out that the girl caught his boyfriend with someone else. the guy kept on denying it over and over again, but not until the girl showed some photos which were on her phone.

the guy seemed shocked, ladies can be really unpredictable sometimes. which is one of the reasons why they shouldn't be underestimated.

the guy tried to beg for forgiveness, and honestly, mark pitied the man, but if he were to place himself on the girl's shoes, he'd probably won't forgive the other.

a mistake is a mistake and it won't change no matter how you look at it, no matter how you explain, and no matter what it is.

mark and johnny quietly, and subtly watched the scene in front of them, as if they were watching a scene from a movie or something. only popcorn and drinks were the only things missing to make their experiences better.

but the next scene shocked mark. not just him, but maybe all of the people who were watching the couple who were fighting. the girl just slapped the guy's cheeks, her eyes brimming with tears. she ran away and left the other there, probably ashamed of what he did.

it seemed like mark's breath hitched. he wasn't the one who was slapped, but it seemed like he felt the pain. he wasn't slapped by anyone before, but now, he feels the pain.

eyes widening, he faced johnny who wasn't recovered from the scene earlier. "hyung, i have an idea." he said, referring to the club he was planning to make.

johnny raised a brow, waiting for the other to tell him what it is. not getting any response from his friend, mark replied, "a break-up club."

"a... what?" johnny couldn't believe what he heard. this guy in front of him is building a club for break ups? "what are you supposed to do, make all the couples in the university break up with each other?"

"goddammit, hyung no!" mark groaned in frustration and annoyance. "a club to mend broken hearts." he said.

this guy in front of johnny is making a club to mend broken hearts? he doesn't even know a thing about love, how on earth is he gonna do that?

mark is single. and he was never involved in a romantic relationship since birth. unlike his friends who got their boyfriends, and johnny who's subtly replying to his boyfriend's texts when mark isn't looking.

"you don't even know a thing about love." johnny bickers, making the younger feel insulted.

"i'll just give some advices, it isn't hard." mark scoffed. "after all, you guys keep on telling me that my advices are the best. mind as well use it?" he said.

johnny snorted, "go ahead and let me see you try."

at this point, mark was already signing a petition. he ran to the student council office and surprisingly, they approved mark's club immediately. also giving him a room which will serve as a conference room.

he was just setting the bulletin board which was near the door of his club's conference room when he saw a tanned male walking towards him. he was crying.

mark paid no attention and just went on desingning the bulletin board.

"a club to m-mend broken hearts?" mark looked at the person who just talked. the other male was a bit shorter than him. he was still crying.

the shorter looked at mark, "can i sign up?"

what could possibly go wrong?

i know nct dream's station with hrvy
isn't out yet, but hey, here i am, making a
book about it. also, if you didn't know,
wrong person 2 is also up!! make sure
to give it lots of love like you did yo its
first book uwubtw, i love hrvy and all,
but he won't be in the book, okay? that's
all you need to know hihi

190606
#HappyHAECHANDay

a short story
dedicated to
nct dream♡