Chapter Twenty Five

She was staring blankly outside the window of her room. Her mind was so confused as to what went wrong with her mission. She was so sure about her hunch, her instincts, that these people  were involved in some illegal activities. But how come things didn't go with her plans? And in the end, she gets suspended and everyone hated her for that, especially Monti.

Saan nga ba siya nagkamali?
Bakit nagka-ganoon?

"Come in." Aniya nang may kumatok sa pintuan.

Ang tiyahin niya ang pumasok at nasa itsura nito ang matinding pag-aalala. Doon na siya dumirecho kagabi pagkatapos niyang umalis sa warehouse ng mga Aragon dahil wala na siyang ibang mapupuntahan pa.

"How are you feeling today? Did you get a nice sleep last night?" Mabining tanong nito at tumabi nang umupo sa gilid ng kama niya. "You haven't eaten anything since you arrived last night till this morning, and it's already past lunch time. You should eat, dear."

"I don't have much appetite for now." sagot niya at nagpatuloy siya sa pagtanaw sa labas ng bintana.

Narinig niya ang malalim na pagbuntong hininga nito.

"What happened last night? What were you doing in there? What has gotten into you and you broke into their warehouse? Don't you know how dangerous that was?" Sunod-sunod nitong tanong.

"Tita please, I'm not in the mood for some lecture-" she cuts her off.

"Yan, diyan ka magaling! Ang hindi makinig sa mga pinagsasasabi sayo! Ayaw na ayaw mong pinagsasabihan ka pero ayaw mo naman makinig! Kailan ka ba mag-mature Morissette?" Mataas na boses na sagot nito at napatayo na mula sa pagkakaupo.

Hawak hawak nito ang ulo na para bang sumakit iyon nang dahil sa kanya.

"Tita Mitch please, not now." Muling hiling niya.

Wala siya sa mood na makipagtalo rito dahil ang dami nang gumugulo sa kanyang isipan. Lalo na at baka may masabi pa siyang masama na lalong magpalala sa sitwasyon niya.

"If not today then when? When, Morissette? When you've hurt yourself already? When you get killed because of your impulsiveness?" Galit nang tanong nito. "Have you thought about how I felt when I heard what you've done last night? Didn't it occurred to you that I will be devastated if something happens to you when you keep putting yourself in danger?" At naluha na ito sa harap niya. "You're the only family I've got left in this world. What I want for you is to be safe at all times and I intend to keep it that way."

Alam niyang nag-aalala ito pero ngayon lang niya nakitang ganito kaseryoso at sobra ang pag-aalala nito sa kanya.

"I'm so sorry Tita for being so inconsiderate about your feelings. It never crossed my mind what you've been through after what happened to Paps. Ang gusto ko lang naman ay managot ang dapat managot sa batas dahil sa mga krimen na ginagawa nila." Paliwanag niya.

"I understand what you've been fighting for because you are a former law enforcer. But remember that you are also a Tee, an heiress and the last descendant of our family and you also  have bigger responsibilities to your people. Your grandfather has left you his legacy that his father had given him. M.A.T. Crafts is the Tee family's legacy, and we need to protect it at any cost."

Napakunot ang noo niya sa mga sinasabi nito, tila ba sumobra na ang pagkaseryoso ng kanyang tiyahin.

"What do you mean? Is there something wrong?" tanong niya.