Chapter 31

Ariana's POV

The weeks following the web awards were agonizingly long. I was constantly waiting for a chance to go visit my family, and today was finally the day.

We had all decided to go home for a week or two since we had all missed our friends and family.

Cameron and I were on the plane back home to North Carolina now. (I know cam isn't from NC but in my story they are).

"I just want to get home, see Sierra, mom, dad, and Jake." Cameron said.

"Same. But adding in the Griers. I've missed that family as much as mine." I buckled my seatbelt as the attendant told me to and prepared to land.

After getting our luggage we found our family, standing with the Grier's in one big group that I ran to and threw my arms around as many of them as I could. I hugged my mom and dad, then Sierra, then Chad and Nila, then Hayes and Skylynn, then finally Nash. Who hugged me the tightest.

"I've missed you" Nash whispered in my ear. If he really misses me that much why did he leave?

"Let's go home I want to see Jake" Cameron said energetically.

"He's waiting in the car." mom said.

"Don't worry, he's in the back of the truck." Dad said.

Hayes offered to take my bag and I let him, picking up Skylynn and carrying her while asking her about kindergarten.

---

My phone rang and it was Matt. I picked up immediately.

"Hey Mattchu" I said eating the peanut butter that was on my spoon.

"Hey babe, I'm at home now." He said.

"Facetime?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied. Soon Matt's face showed up on my screen. "hello gorgeous." He said smiling like an idiot. The sun was reflecting off of his earrings and his hair was messily down in his face.

"You look adorable" I said eating another spoonful of peanut butter.

"That peanut butter looks good." I licked the spoon teasingly since he didn't have any.

"That is teasing me in two different ways babe" he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I left you nearly five hours ago and you're already horny?" I asked laughing. Cam walked by my room and looked at me weirdly.

I showed him the screen and he nodded in an understanding way. He came and sat on the bed taking my peanut butter.

"That's mine" I said.

"Mine now" he said. Matt laughed as I pouted at Cameron.

"You coming to dinner with us?" Cameron asked.

"Nah, gonna stay and clean my room, watch Netflix and pretend that I'm cool on the Internet." I said. He nodded like I do that all the time (I do).

"Alright well we're leaving in like ten so see you later." Cam took my peanut butter and left my room.

"I miss you" Matt said getting serious.

"I miss you, too" I said.

"Not as much as I miss you" he smiled widely.

"I'm pretty sure I miss you more." I said. There was a knock on my door frame and I looked up to see Nash there

"Hey Nash" I said. I turned my phone so Matt could say hi to him.

"Sup Matt" he said waving to little Matt on the screen.

"What's up?" I asked Nash.

"I ate before and they told me to come over so we could look after each other while they were gone." He said. I laughed, considering Nash is 20 and I'm 19.

"Alright. Come join me and Matt" I said scooting over on the bed.

"So how's the weather over there" Matt asked. "It's shitty here. Snow all over the place" he said looking around disgusted.

"What! no fair! I want snow where the hell is my snow?" I said getting upset that North Carolina didn't have any snow.

"I'll send you all of the snow. I hate snow" Matt said. I gasped and dropped the phone. Nash picked it up and faced it towards him.

"We can't be friends Matt. How don't you like snow it's so glorious" I said jokingly.

"It's so cold!" he said.

"Like your heart!" I said back causing Nash to burst out in laughter.

"Well," he said.

"Just kidding your heart is as warm as a fresh batch of cookies." I laid across Nash's lap and looked at the camera.

"You're sweet." He said. I saw Nash's face sadden in the camera and knew something was up. I took the phone from him and sat up again.

"I'm going to go now Matt, I'll talk to you later." I smiled at him.

"Bye babe," he said.

I hung up with Matt and looked at Nash who was mindlessly playing with his fingers.

"What's wrong?" I asked, being oblivious on purpose.

"Uh, it's nothing." He said scratching his arm.

"Nash, you can tell me anything. You know that right?" I asked him.

"Do you still feel the same towards me? like, do you still love me?" he asked. Getting quiet.

I thought for a second. "Of course I do, you never get over someone you care that much about. But I'm with Matt. I care for him too." I said.

"I know you do. But I want you to know, I love you. So much" he was starting to get choked up and I could tell.

"Nash please don't cry, it'll make me cry." I said scooting closer to him. I put my arms around his neck in a tight embrace and he hugged my torso.

"You're really the light of my life Ari." He whispered into my shoulder.

He left me speechless.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys! keep commenting on what you think of the story and what's going to happen! This story is going to have quite a few more chapters so don't think it's over!

~Montana