surrounded in the terrace were all her photographs that she'd taken but enlarged, stamps of "paid!" on the frame. he'd laid a rose petal path since she was, "super cray about red roses and black roses, black roses are so badass, y'know?" and he was standing in the centre, black tux on as she loved him when he cleaned himself up. "hey." he says, all nonchalant.

"what." her mouth's still hanging open.

"c'mere." he beckons for her and she wordlessly comes towards him, her eyes were wide as she took in her surroundings. he'd gotten some rad lighting all over the terrace as well.

"what...you sold my photographs?" she sounds flabbergasted and she's close enough that he can pull her in and kiss her.

"you're dense." he says, fondly. "but, yes. wanted to show you that your photographs are good enough."

"babe, such an extravagant surprise just for telling me that?" she kisses him softly.

"that's not all. turn around." he says and she stupidly turns whilst he gets down on one knee, ring in his hands.

"babe, what am- oh....oh...oh my god." her eyes widen even more when she spots him.

"you. you're the reason i get up in the morning, the reason i sleep well at night, the reason my face does this weird thing called smiling, the reason for my happiness. you're something I never thought I could have, someone I don't think i'm lucky enough to deserve. i'm a fool but so are you because you love me."

she doesn't seem to be breathing, her eyes still comically wide.

"this place was the exact same place that holds bad memories for us and I thought if we're going to be together for real, there should be no hangups, nothing that can haunt us. so I decided to do this here. you're such a gift to me, my fucking savior that it'd be an honour if i could do anything for you, my angel. i'd die a thousand times over than let a single strand of your hair get hurt. you mean so much to me, you... you're my everything, baby. jesus fucking christ, please fucking marry me." he looks up at her, suddenly regretting not preparing a speech, he had ended up rambling through most of it.

she blinks but doesn't say anything and he doesn't wanna push her but he's always been a tad bit impatient. "baby? i'd love for you to ponder over life but my knee's cramping like shit and i'd really appreciate if you could-"

"oh my fucking god, yes, yes, yes!" she finally screeches and it deafened him a little but he doesn't fucking care because he's smiling so hard and he's sure he's fucking crying.

they're kissing soon enough and it's messy and sloppy just like their relationship but firm, so fucking firm. they have each other for real now. "I love you so much, so much." she whispers near his ears and he shivers as her hand fits snugly on his crotch, stroking slightly and yup, he's definitely hard now.

"congratulations, you nerds! you're luck- nope, no, they're second base! SECOND BASE, SAMUEL RUN!" elio bursts through the door as he had started sucking on her neck and as quickly as elio comes, he exits. the terrace door slams shut behind him.

they laugh into their kiss. "pretty sure we scarred elio." she smiles against his lips. he kisses her again, chaste, soft.

"he masturbates to hentai, think we're good." he says back, burying his head in her neck. she always smelled so goddamn good that he could never have enough.

they were just two silly kids in love.

***

a/n: it's kinda done!!!????? DOPE. I did this shit, I finished an idea I've been having since 2017, that's pretty cool if I do say so myself.

anyhoots ! i have a small lil epilogue planned, would you be interested in learning their names or would be cool if they remained as 'he' & 'her'--- keep the mystery alive, yaknow??? ya dig??? ya feel??? I'm so fucking dorky sorry

anywayz thanks for sticking by my Cool Girl lowercase aesthetic and shitty writing skills. there's an epilogue that you're welcome to stick for !

im infinitely sorry for making the ending rushed or too dialogue heavy or smth like that but TBH, im not entirely good at writing happy happy sappy thoughts so that's the best I can do