Episode Six (Part Three) - Heart to Heart

(Elizabeth's POV)

After that very strange situation with Jackson, I headed towards Coach's class where he ushered us all in. Allison saw me and walked over to back of the class, where I was, smiling. I couldn't help but smile back. She sat in front of me while Stiles and Scott rushed to get the last seats at the front on the class, just so conveniently being the furthest away from me as possible. Allison saw the annoyance on my face. "Are they still avoiding you?" I nodded in answer, still hurt that Scott would even do that to me. "It just feels like all those years of being best friends has been thrown away because of one dickhead werewolf." Allison grabbed my hand and the rush of our emotions mixing together instantly brought warmth to my dead heart. "If they're gonna listen to Derek then screw them." She flashed me a smile before continuing "What you need is some time to relax with me so, I have some good news. I've traded lab partners to you so I now have an excuse to have you come over." I grinned at her, "Come round mine tonight, around 8:30?" 

"Sounds like a good idea" I responded before she grinned and turned around, facing the front once again. As she did, Coach slammed a book against his desk. "Let's settle down. Let's start with a quick summary of last nights reading." As he asked this a few students put there hands up. Coach looked at one student in annoyance, "Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading." Poor Greenberg, he can never catch a break can he. Coach looked around for a victim to pick on and laid his eyes on the perfect person. "How about... McCall." Scott looked up, confused. "What?" Coach slowly walked to the front of his desk and sat down. "The reading." Scott responded with "Last night's reading?" Coach began speaking to Scott as if he was an idiot, which he is. "How about the reading of The Gettysburg Address?" Scott was confused once more, "What?" some people in the class was laughing. "That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term 'sarcasm' McCall?" Scott turned round and looked at both me and Stiles, "Very." Stiles was flattered that he thought of him where as I was surprised Scott even acknowledged me. "Did you do the reading or not?" Coach asked. "Um...  I think I forgot." Scott's response only resulted in pissing off Coach. "Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're not averaging a 'D' in this class. Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a 'D'." I could hear Scott's heart-rate beginning to rise quite drastically as well as the beeping of some sort of heart monitoring machine. "How about you summarise the previous night's reading? No?How about the night before that? How about you summarise anything you've ever read in your life?" Scott was stammering as he tried to think whilst preventing a change. "No? A blog? How about... How about the back of  cereal box? No? How about  the adult-only warning from your favourite website you visit every night? Anything?" As his heartbeat rose to dangerous level, I began to quietly panic. "Thank you, McCall, thank you. Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You Just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading." I couldn't take it anymore, I whispered so that only Scott could hear me "Scott, listen to my voice. Just breath. Block out coach and focus on me. I'm the one who always brings you back from a wolfing out and I'm not going to stop now." His heartbeat began to slow down as he looked over to me. Stiles followed his gaze. Stiles realised something while Scott just looked grateful that I prevented yet another wolf moment. "All right. Everybody else, settle down." Allison looked over at me with a smirk before whispering, "See, you make him stronger." 

***

After coaches class I thought it would give Scott some space to think so me and Allison walked through the hallways talking about tonight. "So make sure you bring some science books so it actually looks like we're studying. Don't want my parents to get the wrong idea." I smirked at her, "When you say stuff like that, you're gonna make me have the wrong idea." We both share a laugh as she goes to phone her parents and I start calling Melissa.