Episode One (Part Two) - Drop, Dead Gorgeous

(Elizabeth's POV)

I woke up to a deafening ringing noise. I quickly shot up, covering my ears before realising it was just my alarm clock. Why was it so fucking loud? Trying to shut it up, I hit the alarm clock, annoyed by the device.

As my hand connected with the alarm, it shattered into pieces. "What the fuck?" I exclaimed out loud. As I got out of bed to clean the shards of plastic, I suddenly realised something different. It was like something was missing. That's when I noticed something else. I was cold. I was extremely cold. But I felt no discomfort.

Shrugging it off as shock from last night, I cleaned the floor. I then looked at my curtains. Maybe the sun will warm me up? As I opened them, a painful burning sensation flooded my body. As if I was on fire. Instinctively I jumped backwards, but the speed in which I did was strange. It was as if in a millisecond I had gone from standing by the window to my bedroom door. How did I get so far, so fast? Fuck that, why did my skin feel like it was on fire? I inspected myself to see if I had any burns. Nothing. Last night really shit me up.

Still paranoid, I walked around the sunlight beams and tried to get ready. I did the usual of putting on my makeup, doing my hair and getting changed. I put on my mum's ring, a plain white top and my Chelsea jacket. I placed my football and kit in my gym bag. As I started to leave my room, I felt normal. Warm and as if what was missing before had returned.

As I went downstairs I noticed Scott waiting for me. Walking up to him, I smelt something strange. This is gonna sound weird but it smelt like wet dog. Did Melissa get a dog without telling us? Scott walked outside to leave for school. He looked at me confused as I hesitantly stood at the door. I slowly placed my hand outside. Nothing, strange. I'm probably just loosing my sanity. I walked out and we both go into my car.

***

I drove into the school car park and I parked us in nicely. We got out and I got our bags from the boot, passing Scott his bag. As he sorted out his Lacross gear, a silver Porsche drove right up to him and the door bashed into Scott. The school's resident rich arsehole got out and stared Scott down. "Dude... watch the paint job. Or your little girlfriend will have to pay for a respray, since she's the one who can actually afford a car". I glared at him as his friend called him over. As he walked off I shouted "Wanker!" at him. He just turned back and smirked, "You offering?" I stuck my middle finger at him as strutted away. I Hate that prick so much.

Stiles walked from his Jeep to us. "Okay, let's see this thing." Scott pulled up his t-shirt and revealed the bandage. "Ooh!" Stiles excitedly exclaimed. He tried to touch the bandage. "Yeah, Whoa!"

I just smacked Stiles' arm in response. He fell to the ground, clutching his arm. "Owww, jeez, I know you're like an ultimate socc... err football player but since when did you get that strong?" I just laughed at him. "You're just a wimp."

Laughing at Stiles' broken masculinity, Scott decided to change the subject. "It was too dark to see much, but we're both pretty sure it was a wolf." the three of us continued to walk up to school. "A wolf bit you, Scott?" He looked over to Stiles and nodded. "No, not a chance." I just shrugged at stiles. "We both heard a wolf howling. It was clear as day," I stated.

Stiles shrugged. "No, you didn't." Scott scoffed. "What do you mean, no, we didn't? How do you know what we heard? We both heard it" Stiles just laughed at us, "Because California doesn't have wolves, okay?" Realisation hit me.

"Oh, like Britain. We hunted them to extinction." His hand gestured agreement towards me. "Correct, there haven't been wolves here for a while. Not in like 60 years." Stiles turned to Scott as Scott looked at him defeated. "Really?" Stiles started to get slightly frustrated at Scott, "Yes, really. There are no wolves in California."