Episode Three (Part Two) - Murder Bowl

(Elizabeth's POV)

I waited in the Animal Clinic for Scott to get here. Deaton laughed at the fact I was early. I never used to be. As Scott walked through the door he immediately looked at me. I didn't have to be an empath to realised he pissed at me for running off. He focused on Deaton. "Sorry. Sorry" Deaton didn't even change from his calmed tone. "You're all of two minutes late." Scott placed his bag down. "I just don't want you to think I'm slacking." I snorted. "Mate, the day you start slacking is the day you're no longer Scott." Deaton nodded. "Elizabeth is right, I guarantee you, you're one of the least slacking kids in this town." Scott smiled at that. I sensed a presence behind me and turned to see Stiles' dad outside the door. He walked in with a dog. "Hey, I see somebody's ready to get their stitches out." The sheriff looked at us both, taking his sunglasses off. "Hey there, Scott. Elizabeth. You two staying out of trouble?" Scott didn't answer so I decided to. "Of course we are. When are we ever in trouble? Without Stiles that is." Scott nodded. He must be worried about that guy. The sheriff laughed then placed the dog on the table while Deaton sorted out the dog. "Hey, listen, while I'm here, you mind taking a look at those pictures I was telling you about? Sacramento still can't determine an animal." Deaton took the pictures before replying. "I'm not exactly an expert." He looked at the photos. "This is the guy who was attacked in the bus?" This gained the attention of Scott. "Yeah. And we found wolf hairs on Laura Hale's body." Scott butted in. "A wolf?" We all looked at him as he escaped my glare. "I mean, I think I read somewhere that wolves haven't been in California for, like, 60 years." Deaton studied Scott's comment. "True enough, but wolves are highly migratory. They could have wandered in from another state driven by impulse or strong enough memory." This intrigued Scott. "Wolves have memories?" Deaton nodded. "Longer-term memories, yes. If  associated with a primal drive. See this one here?" Stilinski looked at the wounds. "Yeah." Deaton pointed at the Cheek wounds. "These are claw marks. A wolf would have gone for the throat or the spinal cord with it's teeth." The sheriff took in the information. "So what do you think, it's a mountain lion?" Deaton shuck his head. "I don't know. A wolf could chase down its prey, hobbling it by tearing at the ankles. And then the throat." I noticed Scott looked traumatised.

***

After work, I decided to take some dinner to the hospital. For Melissa. When she saw me with food, she looked relived. "Is my beautiful, talented and wonderful ward actually bringing me dinner?" I nodded at her before replying. "I thought it would be a good idea for you to have one night without awful hospital food." She smiled at me. "You are the most thoughtful, loving most conniving little con artist ever. You are so not getting gas money for tomorrow night." I looked at her shocked. "Melissa." She raised her eyebrow at me. "What? There's a curfew, no gas money. No car." She smiled sweetly. "But I will take this." she took the food off me. Wow, guardian of the year. She smiled at me again, mockingly before walking off. "Love you." I just glared at her. "You're heartless"

***

We drove up to the school in Stiles' jeep. Scott informed us that he went to see Derek and that he told Scott to come back to the bus. I wasn't happy that he went alone. Derek could've hurt him. Stiles sped up to the gate. "Hey, no, just me and Liz. Someone need to keep watch." Stiles looked annoyed. "How come I'm always the guy keeping watch? Why can't Liz do it." He started to climb the fence so I just pulled him down. "Because, div, if Scott can't remember anything then maybe my empathy shit can help." He was really annoyed at us both. "Okay, why's it starting to feel like you two are Batman and Wonder Woman and I'm robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time." Scott looked at him confused. "Nobody's Batman, Wonder Woman or Robin any of the time." Stiles was hurt. "Not even some of the time" I shuck my head. "Sorry mate. No. Just stay here." He gave up. "Oh, my God! Fine."

Scott climbed over while I just turned into a bat, flew over then reverted back into my normal form. Showing off. We walked over to the bus, Scott stopping apprehensive. He then used his senses to start remembering. He looked over to me. "I heard a howl, then turned." I nodded. "Let's go inside the bus." We walked up slowly until we got to the door. Scott touched it but jumped. He pushed open the door and we stepped in. As soon as we did I could feel fear. Pure fear. Scott looked at me worried before I shuck it off. We continued to walk through the bus before Scott suddenly stopped. "I dragged him away." He continued to walk, until we got near the blood. I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Hunger flooded through me as I started reaching out to it. Scott realised this and pulled my arm away before looking into my eyes."Liz, if you need to go outside-" I interrupted him before he could continue. "No, it's fine. His sent is just strong." I focused my breathing before we continued. Scott flinched, as if something was being thrown at him. He looked down to the floor, reaching out his hands. He jumped back. Breathless. He turned to me. "I tried to help him. It wasn't me"