Chapter 13: Gone but Never Forgotten

Warning: Two Big Character deaths

Baby Seed was doing perfectly well and had officially hit 18 weeks with no problems. Abby and Jacob were more excited about the pregnancy, knowing that their baby was healthy. It had been very peaceful since Abby returned to Hope County. Jacob finally convinced himself that, things with Eli were officially over and that he could just focus on his family.

-

"What do you mean you haven't heard anything from Faith for a few days?" Jacob asked Joseph over the phone.

"It's been 4 days Jacob. I've called her and no answer so I decided to visit and she wasn't home" Joseph replied back. "Her followers haven't seen her for a week. They thought she was staying with one of us but John said she wasn't with him. Somethings wrong".

Jacob feared the worse. How could someone go missing without a single evidence?

"Alright I'll be down very shortly" Jacob said to his brother.

"Oh and Jacob. Maybe don't tell Abby anything. Let's find out what's really wrong before telling Abby or anyone else" Joseph said one last time before hanging the phone up.

Jacob sighed. He had no answer for Faith's disappearance but he was determined to find them. He walked out of his office and straight downstairs to his truck. Jacob signalled to one of his men, ordering to look after Abby for a while. He jumped into his car and started his journey down to Henbane River.

-

It took a good hour when Jacob arrived to Faith's house that was located right next to her bunker. He was greeted by a few of Peggies, then walked inside to start searching.

"So you're telling me that Faith left without saying a single word to you guys?" Jacob begin questioning the men and women.

"Yes sir. The last time we saw her was a week ago and she was only getting ready to go to bed" the Female leggier explained.

"To bed? How does someone go missing in bed?" Jacob asked, before starting to search around her house again. "None of this makes sense".

-

Meanwhile at the Veterans Centre, Abby was laying in bed while watching TV, when suddenly her phone rang. It was from an unknown number but Abby picked it up anyways. "Hello?"

"Abby Palmer. You thought you'd hear the last of me. Did you miss your brother?" Eli asked in an evilly toned voice.

"Eli? What's going on?" Abby sat up, a worrying feeling hitting her.

"Your boyfriend didn't tell you? That's a shame" Eli asked. "Hey Faith, why don't you say hello to your soon to be sister in law?".

"Faith?" Abby whispered as she jumped out of bed. "What the hell are you doing Eli? Let her go". Abby could hear sobs coming from Faith. She was terrified.

"Not a chance in the world little sis. These monsters took, not only the girl I loved but my sister as well. So I am going to take someone from them" Eli said and hung up on her face.

"Shit. Shit. Shit" Abby started scrambling around her phone, looking for Jacob's number in her phone. "Come on pick up".

"Pup?"