Chapter 18: Ava Seed

Hope County was finally safe again. John and Faith's killer finally paid for what he had done and was under a pile of dirt. No more worries and fear of more deaths. Jacob's nightmare disappeared again and he was finally able to get great night sleeps.

Abby thought she wouldn't be able to move on with her brothers death but as the weeks went by, her due date was getting closer and baby Ava was almost here. Abby was finally able to enjoy her pregnancy and she was going to miss the whole experience once she gave birth but at the same time, she wasn't going to be in any rush to fall pregnant again.

Aunty Tess was also able to move on from her nephew's death. She believed that the world was at peace with Eli gone. Innocent people won't going to lose their lives because of him and she wasn't going to live in anymore fear for Abby, Jacob and baby Ava.

-

Everyone's focus was now turned to Abby's pregnancy and waited for news of baby Ava Seed being born. She was due to arrive a week ago but Ava seemed to not be in any rush to come into the real world. Her parents couldn't wait to meet her and both had become very impatient, waiting for a sign that Ava was ready.

"How you feeling honey?" Jacob asked Abby and placed his hand on her round tummy.

"I'm feeling good. Still waiting though" Abby giggled.

Jacob and Abby stayed in bed the whole day. Any day now, Abby's water was going to break, that was the hope that Jacob had. The doctors had informed them that she had till the end of the week, if her water didn't break, the doctor said he would have to induce her.

The only thing that Jacob knew was that, either way his daughter was going to be born this week. He couldn't wait to have Ava in his arms. Couldn't wait to see who she was going to take after. Was she going to have red hair and blue eyes like her father or brown hair and hazel eyes like her mother. Nonetheless, he just wanted his daughter out in the world with him and Abby.

"She's toying with us already" Jacob joked. "She already had my twisted sense of humour"

Abby laughed at Jacob's comment and placed her hand on his cheek. "I love you so much".

"I love you too Abby".

Abby got closer to Jacob, resting her head on his chest and the two of them fell asleep again.

-

Two hours later, Abby was woken up by a very sharp pain in her stomach. She immediately sat up and put her hand on her tummy. Abby waited a bit to see if she would experience anything else before waking Jacob. She sat still and not too long after, the sharp pain hit her again. She squeezed the sheet of the mattress as she rod out the pain. A short moment later, Abby started feeling a wet and warm feeling between her legs. She lifted up the blanket and saw a big wet patch soaking her shorts and the sheet of the bed.

This was it. Her water had finally broke and baby Ava was on her way. Abby shook Jacob, waking him up.

"What's wrong?" Jacob sat up immediately.

"Ava's on her way" she said. That moment another sharp pain hit her and she then realised that what she was experiencing was contractions.

"Are you sure?" Jacob started panicking.

"Yes. My water just broke. We have to get to the hospital immediately" Abby said, staying calm.

"Ok. Where's the hospital bag?" Jacob asked. Abby pointed to the cupboard and sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Jacob. "Alright let's go. I'll call your Aunty and Joseph at the hospital".

Abby held onto Jacob's hand tightly and with his help, they slowly walked downstairs and to the truck. Just before she could jump into the truck, another contraction hit her and she squeezed down on Jacob's hand.