six

We are quickly seated and I have a huge smile plastered on my face. I feel like I have genuinely never been this happy with anyone. Joba is always so nice and sweet and he does anything to make me happy. 

"So I take it that you are happy?" He says while laughing.

"Yes, definitely "

The waiter comes and takes our order as we sing along to the great songs they are playing loudly. 

"So who's going to cook the meat then?" I say smiling, expecting me to be the one cooking.

"I am of course. I am a gentlemen." he smiles widely as I laugh.

The meat finally comes and he quickly cooks it. I am hesitant to eat the food at first, but I decide that I trust Russel and I eat the food. It is actually really good and cooked perfectly. He can actually cook which surprises me a little bit. 

We quickly devour the food that we ordered and step outside into the hot May air. As we walk to the car, he gently grabs my hand. I smile as we continue walking to the car. 

"So now what's the plan?"

"Its a surprise"

We get in the car and Russel drives in a comfortable silence, with the quiet hum of music in the background. 

"You know" he starts as he turns to look at me. "You are going to have to close your eyes as we get closer". 

I sigh and nod my head. He lets out a soft laugh and puts his hand on my thigh as he drives. I see the LA skyline slowly disappear as we drive closer to the beach cities. The sun is starting to set at this point. The air is perfect today, almost as if this day was meant to be perfect. I turn off the  air conditioner and roll down my window, sticking my hand out the window. The wind blows through my long, golden brown hair. I feel so happy. I never knew I could feel this way. 

After a while, it gets dark as we approach our destination. 

"Okay close your eyes!" Russel says excitedly. 

I do as he says and shut my eyes. About 5 minutes go by and I eventually feel the car coming to a stop. I hear him get out of the car and walk to my side. The door opens and he grabs my hand. I instinctively grab his hand as he leads me out of the car. 

"Ready?"

"Of course." 

"Well then open your eyes."

I open my eyes and feel a laugh escape my lips. The bright neon lights and carnival music filling my senses. 

"You brought me to the fair!" I say jumping excitedly. "I love the fair!"

When I was a kid, I never got to come to the fair because my dad was always working. All the other kids I knew went to the fair every year, sometimes even going multiple times. When I got older, my friend from high school took me. I had so much fun. This may seem childish to many people, but it means a lot to me. 

I turn to Joba smiling, "Thank you Russel, really."

"Of course, now let's go." He grabs my hand and jogs over to the entrance. 

The night starts off slow, us going on small rides first since Ive always been scared of the rides breaking down. I have always liked going to the fair at night. The lights filling the dark, night sky has always made me happy. 

"Lets go on the Ferris wheel Carmen."

"I don't know, seems a little spooky."

"Its okay I got you, I promise." There it is. I take his hand and remind ,myself that everything is going to be okay.

I can feel my stomach do backflips as we go higher and higher. When we reach the top, the ride stops and Joba turns to look at me.

"Carmen, you know I really really like you right."

"Russel, you know I really really like you too right." I say smiling. 

He laughs and grabs my cheek. He leans closer and closer until our lips meet. I then notice the butterflies in my stomach that seem to appear every time I'm with him. 

After we pull apart, the ride suddenly continues. I grab his hand and smile the whole way down.

I think I'm falling for Joba.

------------------------

"So Carmen, how'd the date go?" Daniel says while throwing himself on my bed. 

"It was great actually."

"See I knew you would fall in love."

"Im not in love."

"Yeah okay. Anyways, I can't go with you today."

I sit there confused.  "Wait, go where?"

Daniel laughs, "Remember, your dad. Your step mom. Geez Joba really is the only person on your mind."

Oh shit. I totally forgot that I was supposed to go to a family gathering today. My step family is really close and often has parties and get togethers. I sadly miss a lot of them since I live in Los Angeles. My cousin Alex recently moved out here too but somehow finds a way to make it to these parties so I feel like I should make more of an effort to go. I actually enjoy these family parties anyways. 

"So I'm just supposed to go alone then?"

"I don't know you could maybe invite Joba. I think Hunter would enjoy that." He says while laughing. My cousin Hunter went to UCLA and always compares her experience to mine. Since I go to USC, she is convinced that is the reason I don't have a boyfriend. She always goes out of her way to check if I finally found love. 

"That's kinda weird don't you think?"

"No, if you don't ask him to go then I will."

I sigh and pull out my phone. 

Hey Russel, this might sound weird but Daniel was supposed to come to a family gathering with me today but he cant make it. You could come with me if you wanted, if not that's totally fine.

 I send the text and decide to get ready, kicking Daniel out of my room. I take a shower, put my hair in a braid, and do light makeup for the day. I know Russel probably texted me back but I can't bring myself to look at my phone, I am way too nervous. 

I walk over to my closet, pulling out a black, corduroy skirt and a maroon long sleeve shirt. The shirt is tight so I tuck it into my skirt. I put on my black, heeled booties and prepare to leave the apartment.

Just as I close the door to my room, I hear a knock at the door. Confused, I open the door to reveal Joba standing there. 

"Hey, ready to go?"

Surprised, I nod and follow Joba to my car. 

+++++++++++++

IM SO SORRY GUYS I FORGOT ABOUT THIS AND GOT SUPER BUSY. 

I HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING SAFE

I AM GOING TO WRITE ANOTHER STORY (BECAUSE I LITERALLY CANT FOCUS ON ONE THING AT A TIME). THIS ONE WILL BE HARRY POTTER THEMED BECAUSE I  RECENTLY GOT HOOKED ON THAT SHIT. IF THATS SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS YOU THEN IM GOING TO BE STARTING  THAT AS WELL

OKAY WELL THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING ILL TRY AND UPDATE WHENEVER I CAN <3