ONE

1: ❝ ON YOUR LEFT ❞

1: ❝ ON YOUR LEFT

MEREDITH AND STEVE WERE RUNNING the streets of Washington D.C. Obviously Steve is a great runner because of his enhanced soldier abilities. Meredith being a metahuman did have its perks but she wanted a running buddy. Steve was not a great one because he would run ahead or pass her every time they were doing multiple laps. Though this time as they were running Meredith noticed a new person running.

She never really saw people up this early running besides her and Steve. Though Steve was being an asshole to the guy. "On your left." Steve would be saying as Meredith would slowly pass by him too. As Steve and Meredith were coming up he was trying to speed up. "Don't you say it!" Meredith started laughing as Steve said once more, "On your left."

"Come on!"

Meredith was just exploding with laughter as she turned back and could see the guy was out of breath and was going to stop. "Steve I think we should check on him." Steve came to a stop and so did Meredith as they started walking back to the man who was running with them.

They slowly walked up to him as they noticed him sat down against a tree. need a medic?" When Meredith saw the man, she was completely starstruck. He had dark skin and a goatee that matched his features really well. She saw his sweater and could see that he was in the military. Meredith could already tell that he kept his body in good shape. He chuckled once he heard Steve and she noticed his gap between his front teeth.

Meredith thought it complimented his whole body completely. "I need a new set of lungs. Dude you guys just ran 13 miles within 30 minute." Meredith had been taken back, she hadn't realized how good her running has been getting since her and Steve have been running. "Guess we got a late start."

She rolled her eyes and playfully pushed him gently. "It's not my fault, I'm not used to you wanting to wake up so early." Steve smiled at her as Meredith fixed her red hair into ponytail. "Really? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You should go take another lap." He took in another breath and looked back at them. "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

Meredith laughed at his question and rolled her eyes. "What unit you in?" Steve motioned to the symbol on his sweater as Meredith already noticed it. "Fifty-eighth pararescue. Now I'm working down at the VA." He put his hand up and motioned for Steve to help him up. "Sam Wilson," He said as Meredith loved the name.

Steve smiled, "Steve Rogers." He smiled, hunched over still. "I kind of put that together, and who are you?" Meredith blushed as she noticed him motion towards her. "I'm Meredith Curry."