NINE

8:❝FINAL COUNTDOWN! ❞

8:❝FINAL COUNTDOWN!

AFTER REACHING THE FACILITY THEY
walked through the back entrance trying to avoid any casualties. They didn't want to fight unless they had to. Meredith felt weird being back at the facility as a wanted fugitive. She never in her life ever wanted to be the bad guy but unfortunately to do the right thing she had to be the villain whether she liked it or not. Although she was interested in seeing Rumlow, that man irritated her soul and she was going to beat his ass until she felt like she was done. As they broke through the entrance a small alarm went off. A S.H.I.E.L.D. member opened the door as Sam and Maria pointed their guns at him. He raised his hands as he gulped at the sight of Steve and Meredith.

"Excuse us." He moved out of the way as they trudged through the facility. They cut their way through as Steve and Meredith made it to the PA system. They were going to leave S.H.I.E.L.D. with an amazing message. "Attention all agents," Meredith spoke into the microphone. "This is Meredith Curry also known as Aquawoman.You've heard a lot of misinformation about Steve and I over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know what's been really going on. S.H.I.E.L.D. is no longer what we thought it was. It has been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce that old bastard is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more but I know those double-crossers are in the building. They could be standing right next to you."

Meredith took in a breath as she glanced at Steve and nodded as he wanted her to keep going. "They almost have what they want. Absolute utter control. They are the ones who shot Nick Fury. And it isn't going to end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that is going to get in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot from you guys. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if its only going to be me, then so fucking be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." She stepped away as she saw a smiling Sam looking at her.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

She shoved him playfully as Sam, Meredith, Steve, and Maria all shared a good laugh. That's when they heard the rumbling from outside. Meredith glanced out as she saw the water vibrating and she quickly ran out of the room to try to get on one of the helicarriers. Sam and Steve ran out after her as they were going to join her. They finally made it outside as Meredith was trying to think if she had enough water to make it up. "Hey Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?"

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Meredith rolled her eyes, "Great observation, Cap." Sam's wings turned on as they came out from the enclosed mechanic case they were in. "Don't give me attitude Mer." She rolled her eyes once again as she jumped down with him and Sam flew right up. They began running as they were getting shot at. Meredith tried to stay behind Steve as close as she can so she didn't get shot. "Take them out for me." Meredith nodded as her eyes glowed blue. The water from where the ships came from surround her arm as she made a sideways whip motion knocking out all the agents to the side.