EIGHT

8:❝ YOURE ALIVE! ❞

8:❝ YOURE ALIVE!

THE SIRENS WERE BLARING THROUGH THE streets as Meredith tried to tune them out. Rumlow had her hands behind her back and had a grip on her hair. She wanted to kick his ass into next year but currently couldn't do that as there were multiple agents surrounding her with weapons. She glanced over at Steve as she was worried about discovering the identity of his best friend was the enemy. Steve looked back at her as she gave him a small smile. He didn't know what to feel or what to say but he knew Meredith would be there to talk about it with him.

They were put into the back of a truck with handcuffs so heavy Meredith felt like she was going to fall over. She was sitting next to Steve as she softly tried to comfort him the best she could in this situation. "It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Sam and Meredith shared a glance as they looked back at Steve. "How is that even possible? It was, like, seventy years ago." Meredith sighed, "It doesn't matter he's here and we will just have to figure out how that happened. Your Bucky is in there Steve, I know he is." He gave her a sad smile, "Thank you." She nodded her head as she tried her best to have a positive attitude.

"We believe Zola could be the one behind it. Bucky's whole unit was captured in 43'. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him-." Natasha quickly spoke up, "None of that's your fault, Steve."Meredith nodded she could tell in his eyes that he was blaming himself for this. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." She felt bad for him as she glanced over and saw that Natasha had a bullet in her shoulder. "We need to get a doctor here." Natasha could handle it but the sooner it was out the better. "If we don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

Meredith sighed, "Sam." One of the guards turned on there sticks as that made Meredith twitch. Her eyes glowed blue and before she could do anything a shock was sent through her body. That's when the guard shocked the other guard and kicked him into the side of the truck. Steve, Sam, Meredith and Natasha were stunned by what had just occurred. The guard took off its helmet as it revealed it was Maria Hill. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Meredith smiled, "Maria Hill. You always keep surprising me."

Maria smirked as she fixed her hair. Sam and her made eye contact as she looked at Meredith. "Whose this guy?" Meredith chuckled softly. "This is Sam Wilson." Maria smiled, "Hi Sam Wilson. I'm Maria Hill." They quickly shake hands as Maria quickly took out a device. "Let's escape people." Meredith watched in awe as it took off the concealed handcuffs and put a hole through the van. After they rolled out from under the van, Maria had a van waiting for them. They got into there as they piled in. Maria gave Meredith some cloth as she put pressure onto Natasha's wound. "You know I can do this part myself." Meredith rolled her eyes, "I'm just worried about you."