chapter twenty two

chapter twenty two
moving on
{shawn peter raul mendes}

it's been two months since morgan has been in this coma. two months. the doctors have no idea if she'll come out of it still. i have hope she will though.

after a month of her being in the coma she said my name and squeezed my hand a little bit. i freaked out and told everyone. macey was in the room with me when it happened. she freaked out too.

i miss her voice. and her touch. and her eyes. and her smile. and just everything about her. it's been way too long. i just want to go back to everything being normal.

-

2 hours later

i finished playing her a song. i've been doing that everyday. playing my guitar while singing to her. the doctors said that she might be able to hear. i hope she can and i hope she hears me.

i'm holding her hand as i feel her hand twitch. i looked up so fast at her face. her eyebrows are furring. she's groaning softly. i'm freaking out right now. is she waking up??

"morgan?" i ask softly. her eyes open and shut over and over again. it's probably hard getting used to the light after having your eyes closed for so long.

after a good five minutes of her adjusting she looks around the room. she looks at me and jolts more awake. i'm guessing i scared her.

"are you okay hunny?" i ask. she takes her hand away from my grip.

"wh-who are you?" she asks.

"what? stop playing dumb." i chuckle.

i can see tears start to fill her eyes.

"who are you? where am i?" she starts bawling her eyes out.

"morgan-" i take a hold of her hand but she quickly snatches it away.

"leave me alone." she sobs.

she's really not joking. i exit the room and i see the doctor.

"doctor pearson!" i shout. he makes eye contact with me and comes over to me.

"is something wrong?" he says reading my worried and scared facial expression.

"sh-shes awake. but she doesn't know who i am or where she is." i say quickly. he enters the room.

"hi, i'm doctor pearson. do you know your name?" he asks.

she looks up at him. "doctor? where am i?" she asks sobbing more. i hate this so much.

"you're in a hospital. don't you remember what happened?" he asks.

she shakes her head. "no. i don't know anything. please just tell me what's happening." she says crying more. i hate this. i wish i could just hug her so tight right now but i can't. i know she would freak out.

"do you know your name?" he asks again.

"he-he called me morgan." she says.

"yes and that's your name. do you know your last name?" he asks. she thinks. i can tell she trying really hard to know. she wants to know. she shakes her head.

"okay, that's okay. you're full name is morgan lynn johnson. do you know who he is?" he asks pointing to me. she shakes her head.

"he's shawn mendes. you're boyfriend." he says.

"he can't be my boyfriend! i don't even know him!" she yells sobbing. my heart is aching for her.

"morgan listen to me please. i'll tell you exactly what happened and what's going on right now." dr. pearson says sitting down in a chair next to her bed. she looks at him.