chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen
moving on
{morgan lynn johnson}

"okay just checking up on you." luke says. i'm currently on the phone with him. luke, the jacks, and shawn have been up my ass lately since that whole thing with ryan happened. "ya i know. thank you." i say. "how's you and serena?"

"we're good. really good. wanna know a secret?" he asks. "what's that?" i ask. "we're trying for a baby." he whispers. "oh my god. really?" i ask completely shocked. "yes. we both want a kid so bad. so we've been trying lately. nothing yet though." he says. "well that's great for you guys. i hope it happens soon. i didn't know you really wanted a kid." i say. "yea i know right. but serena and i talked about it months back and i have been ever since and i've just been wanting one so bad. there's no bad that can come out of it really. i'm just praying for a happy healthy baby." he says. "that's so cute. i'm happy you guys are taking that step. you guys are literally perfect for each other. like i don't know any couple that's more made for each other."

"um hello? you and mr. mendes. as much as i hate him for hurting you. you've seemed to be so much happier lately. and that's all i ever wanted is for my little sister to be happy." luke says. "i love you so much. i gotta go though i'll talk to you later?" i say. "of course you will, i love you too, bye." he says. "bye."

"heyyyy babe." shawn says walking into my room. "when did you get here?" i ask hugging then kissing him. "i just walked in like point five seconds ago." he says smiling down at me. "what you got there?" i ask looking at the pizza box he's holding. "pizza!" he says like a little kid. i laugh at him. "pizza and movies and cuddles?" shawn asks with that same voice. i smile up at him. "of course." i say. he gives me a goofy smile.

"happy valentine's day. here you go." he says smiling at me. i open up the tiny box to reveal a promise ring. the promise ring from when shawn and i first dated. "you kept this after all this time?" i ask. "of course i did. i had it on a chain and kept it in my pocket most of the time. it was like a good luck charm for me. i don't know why but it worked didn't it." he says blushing. "and how did it work?" i ask. "well i have you now. and that's all i ever could ask for. all i ever did ask for." he says kissing my forehead. i smile up at him. "here's the next one." he says. "shawn!" i say.

"just open it." he says. i open up the thin rectangular shaped box to reveal a necklace. "shawn. this is so beautiful. please tell me these aren't real." i say in awe. "oh hunny please. of course their real." he chuckles. a necklace with diamonds. oh my god. "shawn you said it was nothing big." i say. "does that look big to you?" he asks. "well it's diamonds so i mean technically yes. you didn't have to get me this. at all." i say. "i wanted to. here let me put it on." i lift up my hair as he puts the necklace around my neck. "thank you." i smile.

"i'm not done just yet." he says. "shawn peter raul mendes. i refuse to take anymore gifts from you." i say. "come on it's just one more." he says. "fine." i laugh. he hands me a small bag. at the top there is a note. i open it up.

dear morgan lynn johnson,
i just wanna say how happy i am. to be with you again. my life is now back to being complete. i'm not missing anything anymore. i am so sorry for the many days i have hurt you. and i'm sorry i made you hate me. i was so dumb back then. if i had the chance i would go back and do it all so differently. we were just both so young and i was just so scared. i've never been so in love before i had no idea what to do. but this time. i'm making every day, every moment with you count. i cant lose you ever again. i'll forever be sorry for leaving you and hurting you. i don't ever want to do that again. you deserve so much happiness and you literally deserve the whole world. i promise to try my best and give you that. i wouldn't want to have life any other way right now. i'm so glad to be able to call morgan lynn johnson my girlfriend. like damn my girlfriend is so fucking stunning it's hard to breathe when i'm around you. i could write so much more but i don't wanna bore you and my fingers are cramping up. happy valentine's hunny. i love you.
love, shawn:)