I'll wait.

"I'm sorry Betty. You're going to have to choose," Archie says firmly, looking from Jughead, where he's seated at the steps leading up to her house, his head in his hands, out of earshot of their conversation, and back to Betty, who scoffs.

She huffs a laugh, "you don't get it, do you?" She asks incredulously. "You really don't?"

"What do you mean?" Archie rolls his eyes.

Betty walks toward him a step, "you stand here and ask me to choose, but you don't get it," she starts. "It's him, Archie. It's always him" Archie frowns.

"It's never been you, it's never going to be you." Betty chuckles tearfully.

"Betty, you love me! You said it!" Archie exclaims. "No. I thought I loved you," Betty opens. "I love Jughead. I'm in love with Jughead."

"That's only what you think." Archie says. "He won't be able to give you what I can. He lives in a trailer, Betty."

Betty scoffs at his attitude. "You're supposed to be his best friend. In these past few days, Jughead Jones has lost everything, and you're supposed to be his best friend and help him. And instead you stand here and try to steal his fucking girlfriend." Betty wipes her eyes. "How fucking thick are you, Archie, to believe I would ever choose you over Jughead. After everything him and I have been through, you really think I would stand here and pick you over the love of my life."

She's about to turn around and walk away when she stops, "you didn't loose only one, but two best friends tonight. And you probably lost your loving, loyal girlfriend who's waiting for you at home, too, because you're stupid to believe I won't tell her about this." Betty turns and walk away.

When Betty arrives at the steps, Jughead looks up at her with tears in his eyes.

"I get it, Betty, I do. You can go be with Archie."

"Not you too," Betty mumbles. "How fucking dumb are the both of you to believe I would choose him over you. I love you, Jug. Don't you see that? Don't you get it?" Her voice breaks.

"Because if you don't, if you think as little of me as you apparently do, then I think maybe I'll have to choose neither of you." She says bitterly, as they both cry softly.

"No! Betty please no," Jughead cries, tears streaming down his cheeks at this point, hands reaching to cup her face in his gentle hands. Her hands wrap around his wrists.

"I'm so sorry, Juggie, I think we need a break from each other for a little while." Betty sobs, reaching to hug him tightly as they cry into each other.

"No, no, no, no, no, what did I do." Jughead mutters as his hands wrap around her waist, hugging her tighter than ever before. "I love you so much, Betty. I'll wait for you. I'll wait."

"Wait for what, Jug?" She cries softly, tears wetting his neck and the inner lining of his Sherpa jacket.

"I'll wait until you're ready to be with me again, Betty. You're it for me. I- I can't be with anyone else, I won't ever." Jughead speaks, his voice breaking as it feels like his heart is being pulled out of his chest, stepped on and stabbed forty times with a dinner fork.

"I love you," he mutters as he leans down to kiss her one more time. Before he unwraps himself from her and turns away.

"I'll wait!" He yells and she crumbles on the steps leading to her house sobbing so hard she can barely breathe, hugging her own knees.

At that point, Alice, who has been watching from the kitchen window, comes out.

"Oh Betty, what just happened?" She asks as she hugs her broken daughter, as she cries into her mother like she did when she was younger.