You're pretty great. You know that, Cooper?

Comment if you see my Harry Potter reference
*

She was looking at him again. Again.

He rolled his eyes, and pretended not to notice, keeping his gaze intently on the page of his book ahead of him.

He didn't like her, he didn't at all. But it seemed like everyone thought he did.

He liked someone else. He liked the beautiful blonde, with the intense green eyes, and the pink, plump lips.

He liked the one who didn't like him back.

But apparently Ethel liked him, and she wasn't shy about showing it.

Something Jughead Jones didn't notice, were the other pair of eyes staring at him from the place a desk beside, pretty lip twisted between teeth. Betty sighed and shuffled further back into her seat and removing her stare from the dark haired boy and back to Ms. Wells, who was explaining something Betty hadn't paid enough attention to, to know what she was talking about.

Jughead was Betty's best friend, and catching feeling for him wasn't her intention. She'd been hung up on Archie for way too long to notice the loving stares the beanie-clad boy gave her, but as Archie rejected her Betty did notice. She noticed which of her best friends actually paid attention, which of them that didn't take her for granted.

Out of all of her friends, it seemed he was the only to care. Not Archie, not Veronica, not Kevin or Cheryl. Jughead.

She did also notice how good-looking Jughead Jones actually was, because holy shit. The boy was gorgeous.

*

Betts🥰: Hey, Juggie, could you meet me at pops in 10? xx

Juggie: Sure, Betty. Everything good?

Betts🥰: Yeah, everything's cool, I just want to talk to you about something. No worries, x

Juggie: You know you can't tell me not to worry, cutie, it just makes me worry more.

Betts🥰: Hmm yeah, I do know that🤪 sorry, I'll never tell you anything ever again.

Juggie: That's not what I meant, and you know it. I'll see you in 5, x.

*
Jughead was already at Pop's when Betty texted him.

He waited intently for the bell to ring from the moment their exchange over text was over. Once it actually did ring, his head snapped toward the door, a hoping smile brewing on his face until it fell and he saw Ethel Muggs enter the diner, look over at him and head that way.

He looked down eyes wide with panic.

Shit, fuck, shit, what do I do, shit shit shit!

"Hey juggie," Ethel said as she walked up beside his booth, sitting down next to him.

He shuffled further into the booth, and grumbled, "please don't call me that"

"Why not? Betty calls you tha-"

"Juggie?" Betty's angelic voice came from beside the booth and he has never been more happy to see her ever in his life. Lie.

"Betts," he breathed, smiling again.

"Ethel, Betty and I kind of have some things to talk about. She kinda why I'm here in the first place," he rubbed awkwardly at the back of his neck, "so, if maybe Betty and I could talk? Alone? That would be really great" he said with a tiny smile towards the Auburn haired girl, who just nodded tightly and headed away from the booth.