Fried Chicken and Video Games

Start from the beginning

Error didn't really need to work. He could steal money or whatever else he needed from other universes, but that wouldn't go down too well. The orders he was given were: "Pretend you're normal. You're not normal, but act like you are. Get a normal job, a normal house. We don't need anyone suspecting anything, do we?"

After about another twenty minutes, Geno pulled up outside the building Error lived in. Error thanked Geno for the ride and left the car, entering the code to unlock the door to the apartment complex, and going to his room. As soon as he got inside, he went to his bedroom and flopped down on the bed with a loud sigh, checking the time on his phone. Only six thirty, he couldn't go to sleep yet. So he forced himself to get up, walking towards the kitchen to get something to eat. Suddenly his phone rang, and the caller was 'Nightmare'. Error picked up the call.

"Hey Nightmare," Error said.

"Hey. You had a bad day, I can tell from your voice." Nightmare's voice said from the other end.

"Is that surprising?" Error grumbled. 

"Nah. I'll tell you what sucks, though: I have to spend all night in people's dreams and nightmares tonight. And that stuff is messed up ninety percent of the time."  Nightmare laughed.

Error smirked, remembering the time Nightmare had to go into a dream where there was a huge ocean, and he was in the middle of it. Nightmare had probably every phobia involving large bodies of water/ large ocean animals ever. He rang Error in the middle of the night, having a panic attack because of the dream. Apparently there was a large whale, and Nightmare 'noped' out after that.

"Yeah, let's hope you don't have to deal with any oceans this time..." Error chuckled.

"If I do, I'm quitting. Like, quitting being the God of Negativity." Nightmare said, sounding only half-joking. 

"If we could just quit being who we are, I'd have quit being the God of Destruction long ago..." Error laughed. 

"Speaking of Gods, why is Glitch annoyed at you?" 

Error rolled his eyes. "I accidentally killed Outer. You know, Outertale Sans?"

Error heard Nightmare sigh. "Why did you kill him? Just why?"

"I didn't mean to, I-!"

"Just... try not to kill any Sanses, okay?" 

Glitch, the God of Resurrection, had started to get quite annoyed with Error lately. He'd say things like, "Killing is Reaper's job, not yours!" Or, "Do you know how much magic it takes to revive and  wipe someone's memory?" Glitch would often wipe the past few hours from people's memories to avoid Error getting into too much trouble. If people knew he was killing important people (Sanses, major characters within a timeline, those kinds of people), he'd surely be punished by 'The Trinity'. And that's certainly not something any of the Gods wanted to experience. 

"Alright. But Reaper's not doing his job, and I don't really want him to get punished again. Remember what happened last time?" Error sighed, placing his phone down on the kitchen counter and putting it on speaker. He proceeded to get bowl a of cereal.

"Of course. But Glitch doesn't want that happening to you, so he's doing more work because you're doing more work! And I bet I'll get caught up in it somehow."  Nightmare said.

"I know. But it isn't even his job to fix destruction, his job is to fix death. It's Creation's job to deal with me. And you know that he's only allowed to resurrect certain people, right? For example, people who were not selected for reaping, but still died by Reaper's hand."