74. Something in the Rain (2018)

Something in the Rain

Country: South Korea

Genre: Romance, Life, Drama, Melodrama, Business

Episodes: 16

Aired: Mar 30, 2019 - May 19, 2019

Network: jTBC

Duration: 1 hr. 15 min.

Plot:

        Yoon Jin Ah (Son Ye Jin) is a single woman in her 30's. She works as a supervisor at a coffee company. Yoon Jin Ah is an easygoing person, but she feels empty inside. Seo Joon Hee (Jung Hae In) is the younger brother of her best friend Seo Kyung Sun. He comes back to South Korea after finishing work abroad. Yoon Jin Ah though he was just a childish guy, but he appears different to her now.

Cast:

Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin

Yoo Jin Ah

Jung Hae In

Jung Hae In

Seo Joon Hee

Review:

by Hayleyshy of mydramalist

"If you have every read John Green's Fault in Our Stars, there is a quote that states:

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once".

For me, this sums up most of this drama. It is watching two people slowly and then passionately fall in love with one another. The doubting if the other feels the same, the awkwardness of new love, the heart fluttering moments, and everything in between. The realism, chemistry, and gradual buildup of the relationship in the story was unlike anything I have ever experienced. It was reminiscent of the director, Ahn Pan Seok's, previous work Secret Love Affair. Except this is less about two lost souls finding one another and more of a story of realizing the right person was someone you knew all along. Brilliant in its subtleties, this was a true example of a slow-paced romantic melodrama.

However, despite this drama's strong beginnings, the middle could best be described as lukewarm. Muddled with repetitive plot scenarios that take far too long to resolve, around episode 9 this drama started to feel almost like a chore to watch. The chemistry was still there but the spark was missing, making what could have been my favorite romance of all time, one that I found myself barely making it to its conclusion. But despite its faults, this drama still deserves a solid 8, because it's first 6 to7 episodes literally had ME feeling butterflies. I even wanted to tell random passersbys to watch this drama if they want to FEEEEEL what it is like for two people to fall in love. I did not think it was possible for me to feel so strongly about a drama, and for this it deserves the 8. 

Overall, I recommend it, but mostly the first nine episodes. After that, you could probably skip to the finale and be just as satisfied."

Reviewer's Rating: 8.0

My Rating: 8.5

Mydramalist Rating: 8.0

Asianwiki Rating: 8.7

You can comment your own rating and justify why you gave that rating if you want :)

Click the external link to be redirected to the website where you can watch this drama. For mobile users, the link can also be found down below in the comments section.