15. 38 Task Force (2016)

38 Task Force

38 Task Force

Country: South Korea

Type: Drama

Genre: Comedy, Crime, Investigation

Episodes: 16

Aired: Jun 17, 2016 to Aug 6, 2016

Network: OCN

Duration: 60 min.

Plot:

          A special task force will mix cops and criminals in order to catch bad guys, but this time the good-bad guys will be con artists who use their skills of fraud and deception in order to help catch tax evaders.

Cast:

Ma Dong Sik

Ma Dong Sik

Baek Sung Il

Seo In Guk

Yang Jung Do

Reviews:

by nixva of mydramalist

"I don't even know how to start this review for this drama left such an impact on me that I think I'm only going to recover a week from now. But anyways, I'm going to be completely honest and say that the reason I initiated watching this show was because of Ma Dong Seok, I loved his work for a while now so I was truly happy to see that he was doing another drama. However the plot was what really got me hooked on this.

This story was exceptionally well written. Considering that, both the writer and the director also worked on 'Bad Guys' together, I already expected that. I don't know if the writer is some kind of god of writing dramas or it's just my creativity that is too low, but I often fond myself thinking "how did this happen?" or "how did they think of that?". Some might say that the story was extremely predictable, yet I could not even tell what was going to happen in the next few minutes.

The acting was overall good, yet I feel some actors were way better than others. One actor that really caught my eye was Jung In Ki, who made the role of the detective, his acting was so amazing that I don't have enough words to describe it. However Choi Soo Young(Seong Hee) acting was so weak that I can't actually remember a special charm that her character had, her acting was really forgettable and it didn't contributed a lot for the drama. On the orther hand, Ma Dong Seok and Seo In Guk were absolutely flawless.

The music for this drama is SO GOOD that I have been listening to it for over a month straight! It fits so amazingly with the atmosphere of the show that it's almost impossible to not give it a ten.

I rarely rewatch shows because I never felt interest in doing it, so I always give a low rewatch note. But I feel this one is even lower because if you see this drama for a second time then you already know everything that is going to happen, which could make the drama a little more boring to watch, seeing that the plot twists are what really makes the show good.

So overall it was an AMAZING drama that you should definitely watch it once in your lifetime!"

Reviewer's Rating: 9.0

My Rating: 9.0

Mydramalist Rating: 8.3

Asianwiki Rating: 8.9

Click the external link to be redirected to the website where you can watch this drama. For mobile users, the link can also be found down below in the comments section.