5. First Time (2012)

First Time

First Time

Country: China

Type: Movie

Genre: Drama, Romance

Release Date: Jun 8, 2012

Duration:  1 hr. 46 min.

Plot:

          College student Song Shi Qiao (Angelababy) has a terminal illness. There are experiences she knows she'll probably never have, like falling in love. So when an old high school crush named Gong Ning (Chao Mark) suddenly resurfaces, she is surprised and swept away by his interest in her. Because side effects of her medication cause Shi Qiao to suffer short-term memory loss, she recounts everything onto cassette tape to remember the details of their precious time together  

Cast:

Angelababy

Angelababy

Song Shi Qiao

Chao Mark

Gong Ning

Review:

by ainuuut of mydramalist

"This is a fascinating movie. I am surprised I am the first person to add it to my drama list. At first the movie started off a bit cheesy and I even thought about quiting it but I am glad I didin't because after about 30 minutes the viewers see the other side of First Time. I love how it managed to be both heartwarming and dramatic. Normally, movies about sick people are depressing to watch and it takes a lot of time for me to force myself to watch them. However, First Time is quite unique, because even though it is about a sick person, it does not revolve around a hospital. Also, it was very colorful, the decoration crew did an awesome job. The only complaint I have about this movie is that the main heroine's fantasies were painted in almost-chibis. I don't think these drawings suited the movie.

The acting was very good. I especially enjoyed the main couple's and Jiang Shan's (Shiqiao's mother) performance in the movie.

I love the soundtrack, most of the songs were created for this movie. I especially love the ending song, too bad I can't find it for download yet :(.

Overall, this was a very enjoyable movie. I'm glad I decided to watch it."

My Note: At first, you will also think that this is just another cheesy movie, but don't drop it. You will regret it, believe me. 

Reviewer's Rating: 10.0

My Rating: 9.0

Mydramalist Rating: 8.5

You can comment your own rating and justify why you gave that rating if you want :)

Click the external link to be redirected to the website where you can watch this drama. For mobile users, the link can also be found down below in the comments section.