28 - Start Over (James)

Okay so I wasn't planning on doing this but you guys wanted to see it. This is Jemmy James' POV for the last chapter.

I apologise for this - it's my attempt to be funny but it's probably really really not. 😅

Also, 13K reads?! Wtf?! Thank you guys so so so much 😊❤️

🌧🌧🌧

*James' POV *

So I've just seen them go inside. Aaron just stood looking out of the door blankly for a few seconds before sighing and walking back in.

Bitch didn't even notice me? Bit rude.

And yes I swear - cinnamon rolls can do that too.

So, as it seemed Thomas would be gone for a little while, I decided to put on the radio to pass time and kill the silence.

Jazz? Really Thomas?

Ooo, the aux cord! That's more like it!

I plugged my phone in and pressed shuffle on my own playlist. It was a combination of Melanie Martinez, Boyce Avenue, some random musicals thrown in too and P!nk.

Diverse, I know.

I stayed like this for a while, just listening to my music, occasionally singing along at the top of my lungs. Particularly to Nurse's Office.

What can I say? It's my song - I'm always coughing and wheezing.

Damn asthma.

I was halfway through the chorus to Slut Like You by P!nk when there was a noise from outside the window, making me scream in fear.

I turned to see Jag, (Y/N)'s kitten watching me. I opened the window and patted the top of the door, coaxing her up.

After a few clumsy attempts, she perched next to me and meowed.

"Hey pretty one." I smiled, petting her head. "I don't know if you're supposed to be outside yet." The kitten purred in reply and hopped into my lap, batting Thomas' keys.

"Wanna play?" I asked her rhetorically, shaking the keys so they jingled. The black kitten jumped and chased them around in the spot happily, occasionally latching onto my arm and kicking.

The black ball of fur eventually grabbed the keys in her mouth and snatched them from me. She hopped onto the door again.

"Very funny Jag. Give them back." I said. The kitten jumped down onto the ground and took off running, keys rattling as she made her way to the back of the house.

"Shit." I hissed, trying to open the door but to no avail. I slapped my forehead.

I locked Thomas out.

And consequently myself in.

"Okay, calm. Call Thomas." I told myself. As I heard the dial tone on my own phone, a familiar ringtone (Toxic by Britney Spears) played from the seat next to me.

Thomas' phone.

"Oh you are kidding me! Just once - once, I'd like things to go my way!" I groaned. "Guess I'm stuck here for a while."

To pass the time, I scrolled through instagram stories. Anything was entertaining at this stage of the night.

After almost five minutes, a thought occurred to me. Why don't I call Aaron?

I smiled and quickly exited the stories section of the app only to see said Burr's recent post. A selfie of him and Theo - nothing inappropriate you dirty minded people - captioned 'date night 🌹'.

Let's not open that door. I decided.

Finally, I saw the front door open,(Y/N) and Thomas' silhouettes appearing in the porch light. The two were laughing and ran towards the car, unlocking it and quickly getting in. Thomas in the drivers seat and (Y/N) in the back.

I glared at them - well - Thomas.

"We're getting Chinese. What do you want?" Thomas asked.

"My self respect and dignity back." I deadpanned.

"Egg fried rice and spring rolls it is." He said cheerily. I continued to glare.

"One day, I will kill you. And I've seen enough CSI episodes to know how to make it look like Winnie the Pooh was guilty."