April used all the things that happened to her in Mystic Falls to write her first book, that become a best-seller, it was a story about a girl who found out about the existence of vampires and how she had to choose between her human father and her immortal friends, the ones she considered like family. Her book was obviously based on what happened in Mystic Falls but she changed a few details about vampires weaknesses and powers. What made her book be such a hit was that was more a story about a vulnerable human becoming stronger without turning into a vampire and because in her story the main character had no love interest (because she was afraid if she would write about a love interest, the story would become like all the other vampire stories) and was simply about the power of friendship and what truly meant to be family.

Kol become a baseball coach but many times he would travel with April so she could promote her book and in the meantime, he would share with her the things each place offered, making him truly enjoy, for the first time, to travel around the world, getting to know the different cultures.

Elena had now her own personal clinic, all thanks to Elijah, who become the owner of his own book store. They both enjoyed having this calm human lives, even if they were vampires, because they felt how nice it was enjoying the simple things a human life could give them. Elena wanted to do right by others and help them, wanting to follow the footsteps of her parents, while Elijah, for the first time, enjoyed having a normal simple life surrounded by his favourite hobby, literature, and his favourite woman, Elena Gilbert.

 Elena wanted to do right by others and help them, wanting to follow the footsteps of her parents, while Elijah, for the first time, enjoyed having a normal simple life surrounded by his favourite hobby, literature, and his favourite woman, Elena ...

Klaus and Caroline were now officially mates, which meant they couldn't stay long without each other and if they ever slept apart, they would wake up closer to each other because their wolf side just couldn't be without their mate. Klaus did felt the desire of torturing Damon in the most painful way because of what he did to Caroline when she was human but he knew how important it was to Caroline for Damon to be okay, especially because he was the brother of one of her best friends and the boyfriend of another one of her best friends. But Klaus did make Damon apologize to Caroline for everything he did to her without Caroline knowing it was Klaus who made Damon do it.

They travelled the world for a while but ended up going to live where their family was because they missed them and video chatting just wasn't the same.