4

Klaus picked Caroline from school and then took her to the Grill because it was on Caroline's list, which he found amusing and adorable.

"You look beautiful, love."

"I'm just like every other day."

"You're right. I'm sorry, love. What I meant to say was you are beautiful."

"Is that the best you can do when it comes to flirting. I guess a bazillion years of existence didn't help you on how to pick up girls."

"It was not a pickup line, love. I do not use pick-up lines. I'm better than that." Klaus said, making Caroline laugh. "I'm serious."

"That only makes it funnier." Caroline said and Klaus gave her a look. "Alright, show me one of your moves."

"Okay. Caroline, two of the brightest stars in the sky are Altair and Vega. And it is said they were deeply in love but forever separated by the celestial river of the Milky Way." Klaus said.

"That's so sad..." Caroline said focusing now on the story Klaus was telling her.

"Indeed. But once a year, on the 7th day if the 7th month, Vega cries so hard that all the magpies in the world fly up and create a bridge with their wings so the two lovers can be together for a single night of passion." Klaus said, making Caroline speechless.

"Wow..." She whispered and found herself wanting to lean in and kiss him, making her quickly see it was his move. "Oh my God! That's a good one."

"Thank you, love." Klaus said with a smirk.

"Caroline? What are you doing with him?" Tyler asked when saw Caroline and Klaus talking

"None of your business. We are no longer together and you have no say in who I can or cannot spend time with. You used to talk about how much of a jerk Klaus is but now I can see that you are the real jerk." Caroline said upset with Tyler and making Klaus a bit surprised because he wasn't used to people defending him, much less Caroline, the woman he fancies and always rejects him.

"Are you really trying to make me think you two are together?" Tyler asked in disbelief. "He doesn't want anything with you now. He was only after you to upset me. He would never lay eyes on you if we weren't dating."

"Tyler, I should warn you to be more careful before I decide to give in to my desire of listening to you begging for a merciful death." Klaus said with his hand already in a fist, trying his best to control himself but it was very difficult when he was listening to someone talking badly about Caroline and making her feel unimportant.

How could Tyler possibly think that I would only look at Caroline because of him? I would always notice her, no matter if she was single or not, no matter where would be or in which time, I would always notice her. Who could possibly not notice her?, Klaus thought to himself

"Klaus, he isn't worthy of our time. Can you take me home?" Caroline said to Klaus, not wanting to get into more drama and noticing that if they would stay, Klaus would probably no longer be able to control his anger.

"Of course, Love. It suddenly started to smell like a swamp in here." Klaus said and took Caroline to his car.

"How are you feeling, love?"

"Okay." She said, looking at the window.

"You know what he said... it was not true. Single or not, it would be impossible to not notice you." Klaus said and Caroline gave him a small smile, not sure about what he said because she was never the one to be noticed.

Caroline was never the one who was first noticed, and that only make her wonder why would be different with Niklaus Mikaelson, one of the strongest creatures in the world who not only had power but also good looks and could have whatever girl he wished.

***

Elijah and Elena have been in the woods training for a while but then Elijah decided to take her to a place he knew where he would train to focus on other things when not even reading would do the work.

The place was his and he made Elena started training punches to be able to fight if it would be needed.

Elijah was now behind her, with his hands on her waist, to show her how to move so she could use more strength. Elena felt something as he touched her soft skin but she told herself it was because as a vampire everything is on a bigger scale.

Elijah let go of her waist to let Elena train by herself as he had a flashback of one time when he was with Katherine and of their break up. He and Katherine broke up because he got confused about his feelings and he knew very well that keep being together with Katherine would only hurt her.

"Elijah, is everything okay? You seem a bit distant? If you want, we can go. I don't want to be a bother, Elijah." Elena said.

"You're not a bother, Elena. I apologize. I started to think about something that happened but nothing important."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. But thank you." Elijah said, appreciating Elena wanting to listen to him.

"Are you sure? I've heard I'm a good listener." Elena said.

"Katherine and I broke up."

"Sorry. I know how horrible breakups can be. And... now you're helping me and... if you want we can stop doing this. Maybe I'm making you only think more about Katherine because of our similar we are and..."

"Elena, you requested my help and I gave you my word I would help you

"Elena, you requested my help and I gave you my word I would help you. I am a man of my word. And besides physical appearance, you and Katerina have nothing in common." Elijah said. "Now, we should focus on the training."

Elijah went back to hold the boxing bag and so Elena started to punch it and kick it.