Chapter 37

Caleb’s P.O.V

I thought this day would never come. Today’s our graduation day and guess who’s the school’s valedictorian is. Yup my that’s right it’s my girl winter and me of course as the salutatorian. We’re now sitting in our place with Snow beside me holding her hand. Usually I should be nervous right now ‘cause we’re supposed to give a speech later but holding her hand like this seems to calm me down so I’m totally relaxed. Both our parents are already sitting at the back where all the parents should be. Our march is already over and we’re now waiting to give us our diplomas.

“This is it huh, we’re finally going to graduate” I said to Snow. She looked at me and gave a half smile and said “Yeah, this is it. I’m a little nervous though, I don’t even know what to say”

I squeezed her hand for reassurance. “Don’t worry babe, I’m sure whatever you say in your speech it would still be amazing.”

“Thanks Caleb” she smiled. Our attention was drawn to the person on stage that is now calling one by one the names of the student’s to receive their medals and diplomas.

“For our school’s Valedictorian we have, Miss Winter Line Flare” the Mr. Halter announced and Snow got up and went to the stage. “She is awarded as the most outstanding student, best in math, best in science, president of the photography club, student leader of the year, best writer in the news club, champion in chest, debate and public speaking contest, Captain in the girls volleyball team and MVP of the year in women’s basketball team” The school president finished.  Her father got the medals and put it on her. She really is amazing. She then walked where the school president is and took the microphone handed to her.

“Hello everyone. To my fellow teachers, to my fellow graduates and to the parents and guess that are here to witness one of the most memorable moments of our lives.” Snow started “well this is it. The day that we have been waiting for, our graduation day. I know all of you feel the same way I feel right now happy, sad, and proud. Happy ‘cause we’re finally graduating from high school and start a new school in college where we can build a whole new milestone in our lives, where we can have new friends and new environment. Sad that we’re leaving our old school, the school that we have been since we were young. The school that we’ve grown to hate and love at the same time. The school that we’ve made so many memories. We will miss our friends, enemies of even frienemies, our teachers and also the embarrassing moments that we had inside this campus. Proud because we have attained so much in this school, proud that we finally made something out of ourselves from being little kids to responsible young teen. I want to thank my teachers for being my role models, for teaching us what they know, for bearing with our attitudes and behaviors every day for the past years. Thank you also to my parents especially my dad who is always there for me and guiding me to become a better person. To my friends who are supporting me and for always having my back, thank you so much guys. And to Caleb for making me learn about love and sacrifices, for giving me a reason to work harder, for supporting me in what I do and what decisions I make.” Then she looked at me and mouthed I love you I smiled at her and told her that I love her more. Then she continued “and of course I want to thank the lord for blessing me with this people, without them I could never be what I am now. I know all of us will take different paths in life, some may experience rough paths and some may not but I want you all to always remember that whichever path you’ll choose just trust yourself and it will lead you to your own success. Thank you and good evening.

After her speech I was called next. They gave me my medals and certificates also my diploma and I went to give my speech. When I was done I went down the stage and took my place beside Snow. “Ladies and gentlemen, teachers, parents and guess. I now present to you our newly graduates.” The president announced and everyone cheered and threw their hats in the air including me and Snow. I hugged her as she hugged me back and whispered the words I’ve wanted to tell her these past few days.