𝐱. a new dawn

◅◅ ▯▯ ▻▻
1:50 ━━○──────── 3:42
o. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑!
❛ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰. ❜

010; A NEW DAWN

Gamora has never thought about getting married before

Gamora has never thought about getting married before. She's never imagined that she would live long enough to be able to spend her life with somebody else. But she supposes that in her subconscious, in some part of her mind that she's never bothered to search, she's always imagined that if she did, her father would be there. And he's not. So as happy as she should be today, there is an inkling in sadness in her heart.

She does her best not to think about it, but there is something about the emptiness, the lack of people flooding through the halls in anticipation of the ceremony to come that makes her feel like anything but the blushing bride. To his credit, Atlas does a good job of finding a decent venue. Not, of course that she would know for sure since he insists on keeping everything a surprise and following the traditions from the land before them.

She could not care less about useless traditions that should have no hold on them, seeing as there is nobody to enforce them. She doesn't care about finding something blue or finding a bouquet to toss into the air. Still, she finds it slightly endearing the way vigour with which he sticks to them.

The part of the wedding that interests her the most is finding something new, old, borrowed and blue. She finds the significance behind it tempting, and it's one more thing to focus her energy on instead of worrying about things that she can't control. She's spent the entire night thinking about what she wants. She initially wanted her mother's old necklace, the one that she gave to her father when they were young and that Gamora has never had the guts to wear before. She searches the house for days before she eventually gives up.

Her next choice is much easier to track down. She finds it at the bottom of the chest of her old things. When she finds it, it's worn, the fabric of the leather lithe and torn in places but when she slips it onto her fingers, it's familiar. Its sizes smaller than her hands are now, and there's a high chance that it'll clash with the dress that shes chosen but it's a part of the person she was before. It's a part of her past that she no longer needs and she wants it at the wedding.

It takes her hours to patch it together, covering the holes with dark fabric that looks similar enough to the gloves, and she does all that she can to expand it. When she's done, It's a few sizes larger, and while the holes are now invisible, there's a strange appearance to its pattern, but it's enough. It'll do.

Her something new is one that she's been working on since they agreed to do this. Her initial choice for a dress was her mother's old wedding dress, but it doesn't' seem that it's survived the apocalypse. Instead, she went searching in the remaining houses that still have intact materials for a dress that'll do. The one that shes' found is a deep blue dress that has a form-fitting bodice at the top but flays out into a large ball gown made out of ruffled material. She's taken it and forced it to fit her body and cut away at pieces of the bottom, so it has a more feathered appearance. She supposes that if they were in the real world, it would be inappropriate, but this is their world now, and it's hers to recreate.