𝐢. silhouettes

◅◅   ▯▯   ▻▻
1:50 ━━○──────── 3:42
o. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑!
❛  𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰. ❜

01; SILHOUETTES

01; SILHOUETTES

Gamora is in pain

Gamora is in pain. All the time, every single awful moment of her life, there is a constant ache that resonates beneath her veins, an unfortunate side effect of an ability that was nothing more than a curse. It's funny how she's been in pain for so long that these days, she hardly feels it.

Her only constant in life is pain.

And her father. Ever since that fateful October day when she, along with the forty-three other children, was born with no explanation, Gamora had only ever had her father. Caleb Landon had been offered money for his wife's daughter only days after she was born and he'd turned him down, declaring that the girl, who he'd taken under his wing as his daughter, was not for sale and that there was no way he'd ever get his hands on her.

Her father is the only reason that Gamora is alive.

If it were left to fate, she'd be six feet under already, dead by the unexplained ability that runs beneath her veins. But once her powers had begun to manifest, leaving a legacy of destruction on everything that she touched, world renowned scientist, Caleb Landon had begun to work on something that would allow her to live normally.

Or as close to normal as she'll ever come.
Gamora has spent most of her life indoors, and she can't remember the last time that she's voluntarily left the four walls of her home. She'll never be able to live as carelessly and unapologetically as everybody else seems to; not when she can kill a person with a single touch and these days, she can't seem to go more than a few hours without being paralyzed by pain.

She can't help but wonder if she's being punished for something that she doesn't remember. 

Her mother had died during childbirth, a fact that will haunt her for the rest of her life. She has no way of remembering her and there is no trace of the woman who brought her into the world in their home. Her mother is the only subject that is off limits in the Landon household. A ghost haunting those who are too young to remember her and too broken to let her go.