𝐢𝐢. survivor

◅◅   ▯▯   ▻▻
1:50 ━━○──────── 3:42
o. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑!
❛  𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰. ❜

02; SURVIVOR

02; SURVIVOR

Five has been here for a year, six months and seventeen days

Five has been here for a year, six months and seventeen days. Or maybe it's eighteen days. He's not quite sure.

These days, time moves strangely. There was a watch that he had with him when he first came. It went out within the first few months; the batteries died and he could have replaced them with a new set but these days, everything he could find was precious. Even things as simple as batteries. There's not much of anything left.

Houses are demolished. People are completely gone and any sign of life was razed by the apocalypse and the ones that managed to survive have died off from lack of food or the proper nutrients.

Five thinks he might be the next to go.

Every time he thinks he might die - and that comes more often than he would like - he manages to stumble onto something else. Some storage of food that hasn't gone rotten already or a small source of water. When he first arrived, he'd thought that he had a guardian angel. Somebody, somewhere, looking out for him.

He was naive then; he knows now that there's no such thing as angels or a higher power. There's only him and his will to survive.

For a while, he managed to survive off the things that he found in the remaining houses,  things that belong to other people. That's the thing about being the last person on Earth; there is nobody reprimand you for stealing. He'd originally set camp in the area around the remains of the academy, venturing a little further every so often for resources but nearly all his food is gone now and his water source had dried out almost completely. Five thinks he had a few days before he finally kicks it.

But he's never been one to give that easily.  There's nothing here for him anymore and he's moving on. He'd packed everything that means anything to him; there's a notebook full of his recordings and observations of Earth after the apocalypse, the copy of Vanya's book that he now knows like the back of his hand, the remaining of his family's belongings that he was able to dig out of the rubble and of course, Dolores.