Chapter 30

"Christie you need to get up" I felt a nudge on my butt from Clark's foot. I turned to see him standing by my side of the bed.

I ignored him and rolled back over onto my stomach and stayed inside my cocoon of warmth.

"Come on now, we need to get you to physical therapy to start working on that leg. You don't want to be late to your first session, do you?"

That smart ass. He knew i hated being late. But i still groaned in response.

He started to pull on my good leg and before i knew it, i was over his shoulder and he was walking toward the bathroom.

"Clark!"

My butt landed on the bathroom counter and Clark started to get my rose petal toner and wipe my face down. I pouted at his face but it quickly turned into a small smile as he continued to help me get ready.

I pulled him to me and placed a soft kiss on his lips before hugging his body to me.

"Thank you"

——-

I was laying on the couch watching modern family, after my physical therapy, when my phone started ringing. Matt's name popped up on the screen and i smiled.

"Hi Matt"

"Hello Christie, what are you up to?"

"Justing watching some tv, what's up?''

"i want you to come outside"

I curiously got up and made my out.

Parked in front of my building was a brand new black jeep wrangler. Wow i have always wanted that car.

"Surprise!" Matt jumped out from behind the car, "Happy early Birthday!"

All i could do is stare in disbelief.

"Well aren't you going to come take a closer look" A still smiling Matt laughed as i ran up to the car.

"Matt! Are you serious!"

A saw a hint of panic come over his face.

"I don't really know what i am doing, but i just wanted to make up for all the birthdays i missed. If this is to much, i can take it back."

"Matt stop" I walked up to him and took his hand. "Thank you. I look forward to celebrating with you every year from now on."

I wrapped my arm around him and gave him a hug, which was quickly returned. I felt safe with him already.

This is what i have always wanted and needed.

To feel safe and loved by my father.

Who knew i had the wrong one my whole life. I wish Matt could have been in my life from the beginning.

"hey what's wrong"

I didn't even know i had tears running down my face.

"I just wish you could have been in my life from the very beginning. We both missed out on so much" I chocked out before hugging him again.

"Trust me, i feel the same way"

"how long are you here for"

I stepped back and looked at him.

"Till tomorrow morning"

"So we can spend the rest of the day together?" i hopefully asked.

"Of course, i rearranged all my meetings because i wanted to see you and spend some good quality time together."