Him

My name is Christie and I live in a family where it's not hard to be forgotten and I have lived in the same city for the past 15 years and am tired of everyones judgement. I am a senior in high school and honestly I can't wait to get the hell out of this place. The only thing that gets me through is knowing I am close to leaving home.

I am the fifth child out of seven and I am the only redhead. I am not close to my parents, in fact, my dad and I have never gotten along ever. He always finds ways to yell and hurt me, I never deserve it. It would be one thing if I did drugs, drank and slept around, but I don't. 

One of the things that used to get me through the week was knowing I could go to a football game to support the boys I help in my sports medicine class. In the mornings, I greet the athletes and help them recover if they get hurt in a game or practice. There is one guy in particular I enjoyed watching in games, he was an amazing athlete. Faster then anyone else on the team, he intrigued me. He didn't seem to care about the attention of being the best player on the team. 

When I got my second semester schedule I was excited to see my favorite teacher from last years name on my schedule as my English teacher, fifth period.

I walked into the classroom with a huge smile on my face.

'Mrs.Miller!' 

She smiled 'Christie!' and pointed to my seat which was by her desk. 

There was someone in the seat next to mine. When I walked to my seat he turned and looked at me.

It was him.

Clark Sumner.