Chapter 6

The next few days Clark would constantly be texting Christie asking if she was okay and asking what she was doing. He wanted to make sure that she was okay. Her bruises were purple and harder to cover up then before. But unless you were right in front of her you couldn't tell she had them because she covered them up really well.

People still stared at her because of Clark but she just learned to ignore them and not to worry about it. It was a Thursday and she walked into English with a smile on her face because she knew she would be seeing her boy. She sat down and got her materials out. Clark walked in and smiled at his girl and walked over to his seat 

'well hello there beautiful how are you doing?' he said not ashamed of people hearing him. 

Christie giggled at him 'I am doing good now that you're here'. 

They smiled at each other and the entire class period they were talking and laughing. 

'Okay class can I have your attention please. Christie and Clark.' 

They looked at their teacher and smiled as she continued 'I am assigning a project that you will complete in pairs' Clark instantly looked at Christie and they smiled 'I am passing around the assignment sheet so quickly pick your partners and get to work' and with that everyone stood up and choose partners. 'So Christie do you want to be my partner?' Clark asked

'hmm I don't know' she looked away teasing him then she saw his face kind of drop. 

'Clark I am joking. I would love to be your partner' they both started laughing as the bell rang.

They walked to her car like they did everyday. 

'Do you want to come over and we can start working on the project?' Clark asked as they got closer to her car 

'ya that sounds good. I am heading to the library' he looked at her with confusion 

'my dad is coming home today' she answered his unasked question. 

He stopped and looked at her 'he's coming home today?' 

'ya he is' she quietly answered. 

She could see him getting upset again. 

'Clark please look at me' she put her hands on his face. 

He looked at her and saw her concerned face but he also saw her bruises. 

'He hurt you.' He whispered 'no one is aloud to ever hurt you Christie. Ever.' 

He said more seriously. She leaned in and kissed his cheek and kept her lips there for a few moments until she felt him fully relax. 

'You can always calm me down' he smiled at her then kissed her forehead.

After practice Clark and Lucas were walking to their car when Heather ran up to them. 

'hey guys!' they both briefly acknowledged her but kept walking 

'so I just wanted to say that I am sorry for causing all this drama' she continued but the boys knew she didn't mean it. 

'Save it heather I know you were the one that threatened her and let me tell you something.' Clark said and stopped walking right in front of her. 

'don't touch Christie. And you better not do anything that could lead to her getting hurt' he glared at her and then walked around her to get home.

Clark texted Christie telling her to come over. He had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for her. His family didn't know about her bruises so he decided to warn them. 

'hey guys when Christie gets here. Don't stare at her okay?' They all just nodded and agreed that they wouldn't. Right then he heard a knock on the door.

He ran to the door and opened it to see his beautiful girl standing there smiling at him. 

'You are so beautiful' he said as she walked in. He snuck a kiss on her check as she passed him. She smiled at him and they walked into the family room. 

'Is your mom here? I wanted to say hi' Christie asked as she looked around the room. 

'Ya she is, she's in the kitchen' they walked into the kitchen to see his family in there talking 

'hi mrs sumner how are you?' Christie chimed as she walked in. Mrs sumner turned and saw Christie and smiled but saw her bruises which made her freeze in her tracks before composing herself again. 

'hello Christie I am doing well, thank you' they all smiled and the couple walked back into the family room. 

'Did you tell them?' Christie asked 

'no I didn't. I wasn't sure you wanted me to tell anyone' Clark answered. She smiled at him 'thank you Clark' she leaned in and quickly kissed his lips.

They started working on the project and they finished a third of it when his mom came in 'Christie would you like to stay for dinner?' Christie looked up and smiled 'yes thank you'. 

The couple walked into the dining room and sat down. They were all eating and laughing when Mrs Sumner said 

'Christie when do you need to be home. We don't want to keep you to late again' 

Christie looked down because it reminded her of what her dad did. Clark took her hand in his and held it tight. 

'I am sorry Christie I didn't mean to upset you' mrs sumner said sweetly. 

'No it's okay. It's not your fault. It just reminded me of what happened when I got home that night.' Christie answered back. They all looked at her with caring eyes. She took a deep breath and Clark rubbed her hand with his fingers. She told them all about what her dad did to her. And when she finished she saw his family and they all looked upset. Mrs sumner walked over to Christie and hugged her tight. 

'you are always welcomed here Christie. No one here will ever hurt you' Christie had tears coming out of her eyes at this point and she thanked mrs sumner.

It was about eight when Christie said 'well I wish I could stay but I should probably get home. I don't want to push it.' She stood up and the rest of Clark's family stood up and they all had looks of concern on their faces. 

' I'll be fine. I'll just keep my head down and walk into my room' she hugged them all and Clark walked with her to her car.

Clark grabbed her hand before she opened the door 

'christie' he whispered.

 'Clark I will be fine okay. I will text you when I am in my room and will tell you if anything happens okay' she said as she put her hands on his face. 

'Okay' he breathed out. 

He put his hands around her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He slowly pressed his lips on hers as his arms got firmer around her waist. She felt his tongue on her bottom lip waiting for access. She happily opened her mouth and he slipped his tongue into her mouth and explored her mouth. She sighed as her arms got tighter around his neck. Her finger tips played with the bottom of his hair which made him softly moan. They made out for about ten minutes before they broke the kiss and just stayed there for a few moments. Before she left to get home.

When she drove off Clark couldn't stop smiling. He walked inside and laid on his bed. He shared a room with Lucas and he was already in there. 

'Hey bro. I am sorry about Christie I really am. It's messed up.' Lucas said to him. Clark looked at his brother. 

'thanks Lucas. And ya she doesn't deserve this at all.' They sat and talked until he got a text from Christie telling him that she was safe and in her room.

They talked for the rest of the night before they went to bed. Christies dad knew that he crossed a line and she knew he wouldn't do anything for a while. He would go through a guilty phase then he would get back to the way he was before.